corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Motorsport

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Motorsport
Warren G

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 12 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Motorsport is there to enter that isnt stupidly expensive?

As the intergra is going to be broken / sold after the next event...

Something that isnt expensive, and your not competiting against people with thousands of pounds every weekend!

http://www.msvracing.co.uk/

or you have this

http://ptct-barc.net/content/news-item_16

and buy something like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140850720764?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Or I can buy a VXR and do all that myself (which is what i would do..)

Though a vauxhall isnt the best 'drivers car' to use, it just makes sense for me!.....

Wouldnt mind something alot cheaper though, like rallying
*CorsaCal*

23rd Sep 12 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time attack? i dont know how expensive this is to compete in but i know its popular atm so must have alot of positives?
jrdn7

23rd Sep 12 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hillclimbing or sprinting. Both relatively cheap, most people are really only out for a bitta craic. There's everything from Fiat Uno's to Gould GR37 raced over here!

Gould GR37 has a 4 litre Judd V8, and can be got in good nick for £40k. Quick as an F1 car in some instances!
Warren G

23rd Sep 12 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chasing a Single Time.... no racing

Quite boring Id say.....

though id deffently want to do it once!

[Edited on 23-09-2012 by Warren G]
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Sep 12 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rallying isnt cheap unless you do road rallys but I was having an argument with a bloke who dis road rallying and posted some pics of him mid rally wearing no helmet to which I questioned isn't that dangerous I then did some research and found d road rallying is a slow sport with an average speed of 30mph allowed he didn't seem to get the fact when I pointed out it was slow and unexciting that either it was or he was breaking the rule as he was trying to argue otherwise. Proper rallying is mega expensive
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Sep 12 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll always have a relationship between investment and how competitive the car is, no getting away from that.
jrdn7

23rd Sep 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would be surprised mate, pushing a car to 110% on a normal road is an unreal feeling.

It's like rallying, but just a hell of a lot cheaper & only using 1 stage, so no road miles!
Warren G

23rd Sep 12 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the current problem....your racing against people who turn up in there bently with there race all already there and preped! paying 6k an event...

Warren G

23rd Sep 12 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Road rally would be something id like to do.... its abit like hacking down country lanes but knowing theres no one coming the other way!
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Sep 12 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MSA-British-Touring-Car-Championship-09-Champions-Vectra-C-S2000-/190728103699

jrdn7

23rd Sep 12 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's loads of different classes Warren. Something to suit everything from a sub €1k Fiat Uno all the way up to €100k+ F1 cars (yes they race F1 cars over here up hills).

Class one is just for standard cars with a roll cage, fire extinguisher & racing seats/harnesses. €200 for 2 days racing with 6 runs per day!
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Sep 12 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
Road rally would be something id like to do.... its abit like hacking down country lanes but knowing theres no one coming the other way!
I reckon you'd not be interested if you saw the rules all speed limits have to be adhered and a max avg as speed of 30mph you dontv even have to wear a helmet some of the guys on puma forum do it some proper goons
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Sep 12 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thats the current problem....your racing against people who turn up in there bently with there race all already there and preped! paying 6k an event...

At any level, even the guy who buys tyres vs the guy who doesn't, that money will make a difference.

Surely that guy would be in a different class though? You can't expect to win the entire event, what about just chasing the class wins.
jrdn7

23rd Sep 12 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

That's stage rallying your thinking of mate, the mega expensive one!
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Sep 12 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Road rallying is more to do with navigation and pace making isn't it?

Not outright speed etc.
jrdn7

23rd Sep 12 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Road rallying (or navigational trials) is all about getting from A to B in the shortest distance possible. You have to abide by road speed limits, use normal road cars, use organiser issues maps & pass through every checkpoint they have set out, otherwise penalties apply.
djgritt
Premium Member

23rd Sep 12 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed with Steve RE Road/Night rallies

Me & My cousin were looking into it a year or so back, most of the events are calculated on an average speed over a route, so you have to come in through checkpoints/stage finish between time boundaries, rather than get there as fast as possible

It's more technical as you have to work out your route and then try to set the correct average speed rather than going out for a blat, and although it'd probably be ok to do once or twice, I can see it becoming boring fairly quickly for some.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Sep 12 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes bit like orienteering on the road boring as hell or good if you want pics if u pretending to be a rally driver seen some ridiculous setups too fire extinguishers etc it's no more dangerous then driving to the shops lol
Warren G

23rd Sep 12 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same class..... and to be fair if we didnt have mechanical issues we would of beat them twice! lol

But it all comes down to money, and trying to budget

And Steve that cant be right, you sure thats not going to and from stages :/ you can easierly see 90-100on single lanes safely

That rolling shell is awesome!

Nothing local around here for rallies i dont think
Ryan

23rd Sep 12 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it have to be on 4 wheels? Motocross?
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Sep 12 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats road rally you are thinking of stage rallying and it's uber expensive
Warren G

23rd Sep 12 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sold that then,

I was talking about real rallying, like my dad used to do :/ nothing like that about any more

only street racing, where you just get people who cant drive, and think the more dangerous you drive the cooler you are..... then a few crash and die and people are suprised
Warren G

23rd Sep 12 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan
Does it have to be on 4 wheels? Motocross?

though i have a bike licence, i cant ride a bike like i can a car.....novice at bikes

Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Sep 12 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The roads are open I think?
Warren G

23rd Sep 12 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could drop a 1.6 in the corsa.....but rather not

other competitions seem to be single make cars

http://www.semsec.org.uk/meridian14-16.html

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Motorsport 22 database queries in 0.0126791 seconds