corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall Insignia SRI cdti - Update bought something diff!! P2

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall Insignia SRI cdti - Update bought something diff!! P2
NovaGTE2

User status: Offline
26th Sep 12 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im on the hunt for a new car; was initially wanting an x5; then looked at 3 & 5 series tourings and a4 & a6 avants; but for the money i want to spend (between £8K - £10K) they are all old or high millage; or even both!!

Then been thinking about a VRS Tdi skoda; but in looking at a few stumbled across the Insignia and in particular this one eBay Link

A 59 plate car with quite a good spec with 49K on the clock; looking at the stats will do 57MPG and only £100 a year to tax; seems quite good to me and a mate has just bought a brand new astra and i think thats a nice car to be in; and looks similar to the insignia inside.

Any experience or thoughts on them

[Edited on 03-10-2012 by NovaGTE2]
Ben G

26th Sep 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks lovely. plenty of car for 8k.

ojc has one. poverty spec one though.
Ben J

26th Sep 12 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've actually been weighing up the idea of getting a loaded Insignia when I get rid of the A4.

I can get a nearly new (under 4k miles) one fully loaded for about £19k, compared to £25k for another A4.

The well specc'd ones are alot of car for the money.

[Edited on 26-09-2012 by Ben J]
Hammer

26th Sep 12 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had one in work for a few months. They are nice cars and good to drive.

You won't get anywhere near 60MPG though.
Matt L

26th Sep 12 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dad had one on hire for a few months was pretty nice tbh (it was auto and box was abit slow but still pulled well), interior was nice i imagine one loaded with toys would be better.
j10E W

26th Sep 12 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a tourer 2.0 diesel
It does about 40-45 mpg with a lot of motorway driving
Quite nice inside 40 odd buttons on the centre console Lots of toys
Had a 1.8 Sri petrol as well, hire car for a few weeks, what a shit engine to put in a insignia it's was dangerously slow and terrible on fuel a insult to the Sri badge
Robin
Premium Member

26th Sep 12 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an estate.

I fucking hate it.

It should be nice, decent spec, relatively quick, good on fuel... But it's awful to drive and severely lacks low down power.

Hate hate hate.

HTH.
Robin
Premium Member

26th Sep 12 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strangely though, the reason I bought it was the hire car I had when the BMW was being repaired, which was spot on.
Ben J

26th Sep 12 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What engine is in yours?
Robin
Premium Member

26th Sep 12 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.0 cdti 160
Steve X16XE

26th Sep 12 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by j10E W
Had a 1.8 Sri petrol as well, hire car for a few weeks, what a shit engine to put in a insignia it's was dangerously slow and terrible on fuel a insult to the Sri badge

That's what my dad has got. I told him to get the 1.6 turbo and he went home with a 1.8. I told him off.

He wanted a petrol instead of a diesel because of the DPF filter on the diesels. £2k for a new one???!!! No thanks!!!
djgritt
Premium Member

26th Sep 12 at 23:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not keen on the CDTi 160 - seems alright low down in the rev range, but starts to feel a bit strained as the revs increase.

I find the interiors ok to be in, nothing special but not crap at the same time.

The TDi 170 Octavia vRS I had before had a much stronger engine, but I had a SHIT load of significant problems with my Octavia that has put me off the thought of ever having another.
Ojc

27th Sep 12 at 04:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines not poverty spec, I don't find the 1.8 dangerously slow either it's not any slower than a 1.6 Corsa Sport and on the motorway goes brilliantly for a heavy car
Ben J

27th Sep 12 at 06:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the bi turbo diesel. Not many about though.
scottyp1989

27th Sep 12 at 06:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a 160cdti estate ate work, has vxr kit and 20" wheels, i like it very much, think it goes alright aswell nice interior to.
dewismotorsport

27th Sep 12 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found the view out the back window massively restrictive, only thing that let it down for me tbh
Robin
Premium Member

27th Sep 12 at 07:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed in that, and the bonnet is high, plus in the estate the rear window is about 18feet forward from the rear bumper so judging its length is impossible.
NovaGTE2

27th Sep 12 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a bit of a mixed opinion but on the whole it doesnt sound as good as i was hoping :-( Think i might try and find one in a dealers to try but from whats said above I think i would be forever wishing i had bought something different such as a Beemer or Audi like i really want!
scottyp1989

27th Sep 12 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its an audi or beemer you really want i wouldnt entertain the idea of an insignia, there not bad cars but wouldnt choose one over your other choices
BarnshaW

27th Sep 12 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dads got one as a company car and i really liked it, nice place to sit, went alright (cdti version) stereo was good and i thought the ride was pretty nice and planted to be honest. i would own one. not a crappy 1.8 one though.
jonnieboy

27th Sep 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the 160 CDTI as a company car, very nice to drive, really comfortable, and pulls well.

Only things I find annoying is there seems to be abit of 'lag' when chaging gear, and the fuel economy isn't as good as what I was expecting - 40 to 45mpg id say

Mines the Exclusive model, and I think you get a nice well spec'd car for the money
Fad

27th Sep 12 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The CTDi 160 i had felt really heavy and really underpowerd really had to push it hard to make progress.

Personally I think the SRi 150 Vectra drives much better.
NovaGTE2

27th Sep 12 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here is the skoda i am also considering Autotrader Link Has low miles but a few years older that the Insignia.

Going to pop to local Vaxhall garage later as they have the same car as above in; will see what i think but some not so good view on them here makes me think i wouldnt like it long term
Robin
Premium Member

27th Sep 12 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and fad will both be comparing it to an E90 320d to be fair
Fad

27th Sep 12 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The amount of interior buttons and the layout is pretty disgusting IMO too

Miss my e90

Oh well onwards with 6 Cylinders

[Edited on 27-09-2012 by Fad]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall Insignia SRI cdti - Update bought something diff!! P2 22 database queries in 0.0242500 seconds