corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » welding rear chassis

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author welding rear chassis
gav93

User status: Offline
26th Sep 12 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically on fitting my gaz rears i found the rear chassis where the shocks are are quite rotten, im a dab hand with a welder luckily so thats not an issue,my concern is the petrol tank etc and those pipes that run down the rear inner arch how do you remove them and what else to do , as i know on the drivers side thers the tank, and i dont want to be cutting and grinding that close to it.

can anyone help and got any pictures if you have repaired the rear chassis bit around the shock?

cheers

[Edited on 26-09-2012 by gav93]
Jamie-C

27th Sep 12 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine went there too. Quite a common spot for them to rot. I just took out the filler neck and it was more than enough to give me room to weld safely.

Theres a bolt, maybe 2 underneath the car, just follow the filler neck and you will see them, they need to come off. Theres 2 clips that are a cunt to get off, remove them. Open your petrol flap and pull out the rubber, there's a bolt in there, 8mm iirc, take that out and the filler neck should just drop out with a bit of manoeuvring.
gav93

27th Sep 12 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool i know right pain but may as well do the job properly just welded the cracked b pillars anyone else would of stripped it for parts and scrapped it!

will go to a breaker one and attempt to get one of there before demolishing mine, cheers for that though jamie

New Poll