corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20LET - No speedo

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20LET - No speedo
AshGSi

User status: Offline
4th Oct 12 at 06:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Morning all. Ive got a corsa here which has a c20let in it. The speedo used to work, but for some reason now it doesnt. I have checked the fuse, plugs in the box and clocks, and followed the wiring and all is normal. Any ideas? Im stuck now and its doing my head in.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

4th Oct 12 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The whole dash doesn't work or just the speedo bit itself?

Check that the tranducer/ cable hasn't popped out of the gearbox

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
AshGSi

4th Oct 12 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No its still in the gearbox all fine, and yeah, the rest of the dash is fine, its just the speedo
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

4th Oct 12 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a mechanical one or electrical?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
gav93

4th Oct 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its mechanical and got a cable it has most likely broke inside somewhere and you will need a new cable best to get a gen vaux cable as copys are of poor quality and rattle- meaning you have to dose them with sillicone grease to stop the rattle
AshGSi

5th Oct 12 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No its an electric one too. Im properly baffled by it. Only thing i can think now is the speed sender inside the box is knackerd. Which i hope its not to be honest.
Jamie-C

5th Oct 12 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gav93
if its mechanical and got a cable it has most likely broke inside somewhere and you will need a new cable best to get a gen vaux cable as copys are of poor quality and rattle- meaning you have to dose them with sillicone grease to stop the rattle
What kind of kind of rattle? Like a tickiing noise kind of thing?
I replaced mine with one from local motor factors and ever since theres been a bit of a ticking noise and I thought it was the speedo cable. Wasn't convinced though.

Sorry for thread hijack btw
XE Col
Premium Member

6th Oct 12 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try taking the face off your stereo, especially if you have put a new one in recently, if it then works, there is a wire needs to be disconnected from the stereo, had this before, nice cheap fix if it is

New Poll