corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » better front brakes ..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author better front brakes ..
csifku

User status: Offline
6th Oct 12 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can i out bigger calipers and discs on my standed corsa X12XE ? i mean can i just install calipers and discs straigh or i need some other things to put on like spacers or anything ? also is the abs will work with them or the brake pump ? thanks
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

6th Oct 12 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure about abs but yes you can just swap with other calipers and disks such as the 2.0l brakes and v6 brakes

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
davegreen
Premium Member

7th Oct 12 at 04:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vectra b 288 calipers and pads, and either redrilled vectra b discs (5 stud to 4 stud) or corsa d 286 discs. your pedal will feel softer due to the larger pistons in the calipers but adjusting the free play between pedal and servo helps this. if you can weld you can also get kits to fit discs at the rear or get some one to do it for you. then use rear brakes from cavaler or calibra. or buy a 2.0l 16v cav and brake it for parts to do engine swap brakes gear box cv joints drive hubs etc. round £500 will get you a cav thats what i did.
csifku

16th Oct 12 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
vectra b 288 calipers and pads, and either redrilled vectra b discs (5 stud to 4 stud) or corsa d 286 discs. your pedal will feel softer due to the larger pistons in the calipers but adjusting the free play between pedal and servo helps this. if you can weld you can also get kits to fit discs at the rear or get some one to do it for you. then use rear brakes from cavaler or calibra. or buy a 2.0l 16v cav and brake it for parts to do engine swap brakes gear box cv joints drive hubs etc. round £500 will get you a cav thats what i did.

one thing i didnt get ... Do i need spacer for the front calipers or i just put bigger ones straight away ?
*CorsaCal*

16th Oct 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Straight swap for 2.0s or v6s. No spacers needed.
csifku

16th Oct 12 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *CorsaCal*
Straight swap for 2.0s or v6s. No spacers needed.

thank you

whats the different between the v6s ones and 2.0 ones ?
[Edited on 16-10-2012 by csifku]

[Edited on 16-10-2012 by csifku]
davegreen
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 05:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you do need spacers or spigot rings to use 288 or 286 vauxhall discs as the standard hubs are smaller diameter. the 2.0L brakes should fit straight on. i think these are 256 diameter? found on cavs and astras.
Edges 58

17th Oct 12 at 06:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any 2 litre vauxhall from the 90's will have 256 x 24mm discs and calipers to suit. Work really well on a corsa so I'd go for them if it was me.
csifku

17th Oct 12 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you do need spacers or spigot rings to use 288 or 286 vauxhall discs as the standard hubs are smaller diameter. the 2.0L brakes should fit straight on. i think these are 256 diameter? found on cavs and astras.

What spacer i need to fit V6 288mm brake caliper ? ANd the hub will fit the 288mm disc straight away ?
davegreen
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

caliper brakets from a vec b, 2.0l up wards will bolt straight on to corsa b allowing fittment of 288 discs or if you get vec gsi ones 308 discs. the discs will need redrilling to suit four stud hubs and sigot rings. your simplest way is to buy a kit from a company like lmf, all you need to fit them to your car. 308 discs would need 16" rims or bigger but not really nessesary four pots would be better but much more money.
csifku

17th Oct 12 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
caliper brakets from a vec b, 2.0l up wards will bolt straight on to corsa b allowing fittment of 288 discs or if you get vec gsi ones 308 discs. the discs will need redrilling to suit four stud hubs and sigot rings. your simplest way is to buy a kit from a company like lmf, all you need to fit them to your car. 308 discs would need 16" rims or bigger but not really nessesary four pots would be better but much more money.

so if i find brake calipers and brackets from Vectra B i can fit 288 mm discs in my corsa ?YEs or no ? (r the brake fluid hoses fitment same ) Thanks
davegreen
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so long as you get them from a vec b with 288 discs you can. take the rubber hoses off the vectra as well i cant remember if the banjo bolt that holds the pipe to the caliper is the same. you would be best getting new braided hose front and rear though.
Devito5692

31st Oct 12 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea just a swap for 2.0 brakes

New Poll