corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Living with bags

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Living with bags
laingyla

User status: Offline
16th Oct 12 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anybody or does anybody have airbag suspension on there daily driver I'm looking at sacking some on my Corsa c but where do I get them from ??
Gary
Premium Member

16th Oct 12 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aero sports over coilies front and some conti sleeves on custom mounts on the rear.

Bags are better than springs hence a lot of top end motors sporting them now
andys sxi
Premium Member

16th Oct 12 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul w I think he's called had got bags on his green 5 door Corsa, a lad I now had air bags on his car, he got his from ryvan hydrolics,

April 08 feature car
Gary
Premium Member

16th Oct 12 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rayvern are expensive and not that good.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Oct 12 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can fit coikovers and an ice install you can install air, its easy
laingyla

16th Oct 12 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hhhmmm best get shopping then
custom_corsa

16th Oct 12 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have bags,

Alot of people will tell you there shit compared to a static but it's simply not true it's only people who have never experienced them that say this

4 way independent kit (basic) can be had for around £1500 supplied only from ray at Rayvern hydraulics. He is the best and the cheapest because he makes everything in house unlike other company's that source from America then double the price, theres loads of company's out there but rays been bagging cars for 20+ years so he's seen and done it all give him a phone and he will explain what's best for you costs etc

Need any help just give me a shout
laingyla

16th Oct 12 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by custom_corsa
I have bags,

Alot of people will tell you there shit compared to a static but it's simply not true it's only people who have never experienced them that say this

4 way independent kit (basic) can be had for around £1500 supplied only from ray at Rayvern hydraulics. He is the best and the cheapest because he makes everything in house unlike other company's that source from America then double the price, theres loads of company's out there but rays been bagging cars for 20+ years so he's seen and done it all give him a phone and he will explain what's best for you costs etc

Awsome shit cheers dude ill have a ganders tommorrow now
Paul W
Premium Member

16th Oct 12 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
Paul w I think he's called had got bags on his green 5 door Corsa, a lad I now had air bags on his car, he got his from ryvan hydrolics,

My stuff is Rayvern, but i've pretty much replaced all the fittings/lines/gauges that it came with for new stuff. If you can weld to a decent standard or know someone who can you could fairly easily piece together a 'universal' setup for probably not much money. If not, you could go to places like Rayvern or Havair etc who do all custom struts to your specs, although that can get very expensive, just to give you an idea on price, my front struts from Rayvern were a little under £500 built to the exact spec i wanted, and can't fault them.

quote:
I have bags,

Agree with this also.

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
AndyCorsaSport

16th Oct 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bags are for shopping.
laingyla

16th Oct 12 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slammed shopping
Brederin

16th Oct 12 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Rayvern are expensive and not that good.

In fact Rayvern are known for being fairly cheap and quite good..
BeetleGav

16th Oct 12 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think I might end up running bags soon if I can find someone near me who fits them
karisma_corsa

17th Oct 12 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havair are expensive and shit not rayvern.

Go to plush if you can afford it.
FlamingCorsa

17th Oct 12 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a corsa c with rayven airbags years back now, i found that the ride was ok if you had it in the middle of its settings, normal hight, if you have it low or really high was really bouncy!

i loved them for the looks it gave when parked up, as for going round bends, they were not good! dont get them if you want your car to still go round bends well!

[Edited on 17-10-2012 by FlamingCorsa]
karisma_corsa

17th Oct 12 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think if you want handling you need to spend money.

Air lifts e level accuser system is really good but your looking at around £2500. I think that's supply only. Might be able to find it cheaper.
Gary
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have accounts set up. Dunno if they are active anymorr.

accuair stuff is smart, I use it if I wasn't bothered about money.
custom_corsa

17th Oct 12 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Accuair and the likes only supply the vag scene .. Would be a case of getting a basic kit for a Corsa from the likes of Rayvern then buying your own management e level, v2 etc and building uour own setup but these managements alone are about £1000-£1500 on top of your struts and tank etc so you could be at easily £3500-£4000 to build your own kit which is mental

[Edited on 17-10-2012 by custom_corsa]
Gary
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Accuair and the likes only supply the vag scene .. Would be a case of getting a basic kit for a Corsa from the likes of Rayvern then buying your own management e level, v2 etc and building uour own setup but these managements alone are about £1000-£1500 on top of your struts and tank etc so you could be at easily £3500-£4000 to build your own kit which is mental

Accuair supplly to everyone as they produce management systems

I could cost you a setup for just over a grand providing you already have coilover struts for the front by using THESE which imo are better than a rayvern setup as there is less chance of leaks etc.

Control gear is a few solenoids and some rocker switches.

If your interested in a budget system drop me a u2u and i'll tell you everything you need to know.
custom_corsa

17th Oct 12 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Accuair supplly to everyone as they produce management systems

I could cost you a setup for just over a grand providing you already have coilover struts for the front by using THESE which imo are better than a rayvern setup as there is less chance of leaks etc.

Control gear is a few solenoids and some rocker switches.

If your interested in a budget system drop me a u2u and i'll tell you everything you need to know.

As a all together kit they only really supply vag (struts,tanks,airlines etc).. Sure you could build a kit from universal parts and what not but that's nuts you still need a company to make you front struts as Paul said about £500 then by the time you get all the wee bits it soon adds up

You might be able to save a few £££ but for rays experience and knowing you have everything needed to fit it and he's only a phone call away and can send replacement parts overnight instead of waiting for bits to come from America not worth the hassle
Gary
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The UV Air bags fit over your coilover struts, saving a fortune.

I'd only every suggest going to Ray if you were a mechanical retard. The piping is piss easy, the wiring is piss easy. Fitting bags is piss easy.
custom_corsa

17th Oct 12 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The UV Air bags fit over your coilover struts, saving a fortune.

I'd only every suggest going to Ray if you were a mechanical retard. The piping is piss easy, the wiring is piss easy. Fitting bags is piss easy.

Have you ever used them on your car?

They won't give the same affect as custom struts, coilovers struts arnt shortened, made to your wheel sizes etc so it will always sit ridiculous, the system your talking about is to give slight lift & lower instead of adjusting manually Like lamborghini and what not you can't lay frame on them, so you can only go to the coilovers lowest point the only difference is you can lift it?

So its a tad pointless for what the guy wants

I agree fitting air is easy when did I say it wasn't? Only slightly time consuming thing is wiring but simple when you think about it
Gary
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slight lift? Aerosports have 5" of travel?

Agreed they would be hard pushed to lay frame with coilover struts but they can be shorted for little cost.
custom_corsa

17th Oct 12 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Slight lift? Aerosports have 5" of travel?

Agreed they would be hard pushed to lay frame with coilover struts but they can be shorted for little cost.

Fair enough on the lift part, thats my point though once you go to all that effort for a few hundred more you could have a custom front strut setup. End of the day it's personal prefrence and exactly what you want. we will have to agree to disagree I'm just talking from experience and what the guy who started the thread asked for
Gary
Premium Member

17th Oct 12 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather save the money

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Living with bags 23 database queries in 0.0133491 seconds