corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If you could live anywhere....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If you could live anywhere....
p

User status: Offline
19th Oct 12 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where would you pick and why? I guess leaving money and family issues aside.... Just we're nearly in November, yet some places in Europe are still boiling! I just can't imagine how nice it would've to have hot/warm days for 8/9 months of the year. Cyprus, Greece, parts of France and Italy for example still mid to late 20's, and we're nearly in November! Waking up with blue sky and warm sun is pretty morale boosting and I'd personally feel a lot happier. Easy to say, but I get pretty depressed with the by and large crisp yearly weather we get. I guess many feel the same!

So where would you pick? Has anyone lived abroad for a while, or would you do it? I guess I'd pick the south of France, or maybe somewhere like Cyprus, Greece or maybe somewhere like Turkey... Italy would be nice, but not sure on how hot yearly most parts are.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
19th Oct 12 at 01:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it have to Europe?

I vote Vegas. Not even because its good for all the party stuff. I just liked how big and relaxed it was the rest of the time.
p

19th Oct 12 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Does it have to Europe?

I vote Vegas. Not even because its good for all the party stuff. I just liked how big and relaxed it was the rest of the time.

Nope.

Yeah, kind of how 24/7 it is? Can do what you want when you want type thing.

I was only thinking Europe as it's still fairly close to home if need be. And many traditionally do the Oz route. It's just amazing how a few hours on a plane and the weather system is just totally different. I guess where we're situated is the reason why it sucks, just right on the west edge.

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
19th Oct 12 at 02:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean like lots of choice for eating, good service when you do, lots of parking, no road rage, everything was just easy. The fact its party capital of the world and open 24 hours per day is just a bonus.

Spain appeals to me a bit but the touristy bits close and turn in to ghost towns and the non-touristy bits are comparable to English towns, nice to visit but I've never wanted to live there any more than I've wanted to move from Liverpool.
AK

19th Oct 12 at 05:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like that side of Vegas.... it put some perspective on just how bad the general level of service is in the UK, yet they still think they should be tipped!

Outwith the main strip it was pretty relaxed, wide open etc.

Places I'd like to stay...

Singapore - 30deg pretty much year round. Great city living. Downside cost of living.
Norway - Somewhere near the south. Better summers, crisper winters, and really good standard of living. Down side cost of living and tax.
Balling
Premium Member

19th Oct 12 at 06:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

San Diego.

Carl

19th Oct 12 at 06:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel the same about the weather although it doesn't feel as warm as it does if you nip of for a holiday even if it is just a slight drop in temp. I lived in Ibiza for 4 months and come Sept started to need warmer clothes whereas if I flew out there in Sept from UK I'd be rocking around in shorts and t-shirt day and night without Feingold chilly.
spencer88

19th Oct 12 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Canada. Always wante to live there and we ha the option when I was 16 but didn't go because of my brother!!!
Tomnova16
Premium Member

19th Oct 12 at 07:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Does it have to Europe?

beat me to it

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
sc0ott

19th Oct 12 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it have to be somewhere on earth
Nath

19th Oct 12 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Switzerland, but not in a main town. Village where I go for training is perfect. It's idyllic and the pace of life is perfect.
chrisritch

19th Oct 12 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Canada somewhere in the rockies. Love it there.
kennySRi

19th Oct 12 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like England tbh and can never see me even moving away from my home town I guess it is home to me and i wouldnt want to change that.

However i would love to live abroad for 6 months or so, always wanted to go to America, see how they live in LA and places like that. My parents are seriously thinking of moving to Spain (they go for 6 months a year anyway), i should really move with them and sometimes i think of doing but in all honesty, i hate hot weather
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

19th Oct 12 at 07:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Does it have to be somewhere on earth

get your ass to mars
RichR
Premium Member

19th Oct 12 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Elaphiti Islands, Dalmatian Coast, Croatia.
Hammer

19th Oct 12 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't move away for any length of time personally. My family and friends are all here and tbh I am realistic about how cooshty things are here in comparison with elsewhere.

The problem here is the amount of people down on the place as if it is some sort of living hell. Fact is people move here to get away from proper living hell's.

That being said, if I were ever to have a decent amount of money which would make travelling backwards and forwards easy I would probably change my opinion.
djgritt
Premium Member

19th Oct 12 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Switzerland, but not in a main town. Village where I go for training is perfect. It's idyllic and the pace of life is perfect.

Switzerland here too.

Relaxed yet modern, with awesome surroundings.
Balling
Premium Member

19th Oct 12 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...and shitty cars.

James

19th Oct 12 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do I have to factor in somewhere where I could realistically move to and get a job etc?

If so, then it would probably be Australia. Probably Sydney.
Nismo

19th Oct 12 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dubai, everything about the lifestyle out there is perfect imo.

Eddx14xe

19th Oct 12 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think I can choose. I've love to live in Australia, somewhere near the great barrier reef. But, I would also like a house out in Egypt.

There also other places I would like to visit and check out first, like Vegas, L.A., Miami, Caribbean and Brazil.

I suppose if I had to choose now, thinking out the prospects and earning a living like James said about, it would have to be Australia.
Toby
Premium Member

19th Oct 12 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what mood I'm in:
Right now I could go to Florida keys and just chill on a beach doing jet ski and boat rentals.

When I was with my ex as she was Spanish and family lived in the mountains about 30 miles out of the city could have pictured myself out there similar when I was older owning a small bar with all the locals.

Other times I think fuck it, get in the rat race of London or the alikes, big apartment in a big ass high rise sky scraper etc
kz

19th Oct 12 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Purely going on places I've actually been to... Austria. I went to such a nice quiet town, it was beautiful, the people there were all decent and you get to snowboard lots in the winter!
Jamie Walby

19th Oct 12 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Santa Monica.
Gary
Premium Member

19th Oct 12 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

USA are always getting bummed by tornados and Oz is full of creatures who want to kill you. I'll stick to Yorkshire thanks

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If you could live anywhere.... 23 database queries in 0.0147440 seconds