corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bilstein B4 queries, any experience etc.?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bilstein B4 queries, any experience etc.?
TheDane

User status: Offline
30th Oct 12 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

I recently bought a '99 silver 1,4i 16v corsa. And it needs a rear damper changed. So I thought about fitting some new dampers. And then maybe in the process lower it, but it all depends on how much it'll cost.

But have been looking at Bilstein B4's, and almost everywhere I find them, I only see one type (BNE-C639 / 19-126395) But I also see some advertised as for sport versions, I assume they are for GSI versions, right?

Should I use non sport versions, or sport versions?

I think the stock suspension is pretty soft, so would like it a little harder. But are there any difference in the B4 vs the stock corsa suspension? Or if I want that, should I really save up, and go for the B6 instead?

I will start with a -40mm drop, as I want it to be driveable, over speed bumps etc.

Ps, will be fitting power box, open filter, 4-2-1 stainless manifold, and stainless system over the next period of time. Maybe the exhaust manifold will have something to say with the -40mm drop, but I hope not.

Cheers

The Dane
davegreen
Premium Member

31st Oct 12 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

b4's are just a bit firmer than standard, b8's are firmer and allow a drop. im using b14's on my B, coilovers but only a small drop. they are great! highly recomend b8's or b14's for any corsa b, c, or d. i have all 3 on bilstiens.
TheDane

31st Oct 12 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave, how much are your approx. lowered now then?

Have also been thinking about the B10 kit, which uses the b8 dampers. As I would like a fixed ride height. But the only kit I can find from Demon-tweeks has a 60/40 drop, and I reckon that 60mm on the front will be too big a drop.

Do you have any experience with the Weitec Ultra GT kit? As it's cheaper, and I assume it will have a "softer" feel then the Billies B10 kit. Just so difficult to choose, without having tested them. And in my mind I'm all for Bilsteins. Just so bloody steep priced.
davegreen
Premium Member

2nd Nov 12 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines 30mm drop on front and 40mm drop on rear aprox. you get what you pay for with suspesion kits.
TheDane

2nd Nov 12 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
mines 30mm drop on front and 40mm drop on rear aprox. you get what you pay for with suspesion kits.

That wasn't much Dave. Got any pics of it lowered, or is it your arden blue in your garage?

Yeah guess your right on that one, as of now, I'm totally in for the B10 kit, just still a bit affraid of the 60mm drop in the front. But if it's too much, I suppose I can sell the kit off again, and get most me money back.
davegreen
Premium Member

3rd Nov 12 at 05:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it the blue one, depends what size wheels your using and what the roads are like where you are. any lower on mine and it would scrape the front on speed humps. it already rubs the top of the arches at the front when driving fast on the bad roads around here. im runing 16" soft stars 39et and 195 / 45 / 16 tyres. check out the pics in the furzton lake meet thread to compare differant corsas.

New Poll