corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » hey folks,need help with my new project (corsa b 1.2 ls)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hey folks,need help with my new project (corsa b 1.2 ls)
Allan091

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 12 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought a modified corsa b 1.2 ls as a project,stolen and recovered from previous owner,ignition barrel casing ripped from column,ignition switch/wiring in pieces,wires cut at back of stereo space and behind glovebox,car didint even turn over when i got it,iv taken out steering column,cut out old ignition switch/wiring,and replaced ignition switch/wiring with one from another corsa b but left on original immobiliser ring (wiring from it to ecu still complete),now car turns over no problem,no sign of it starting,im wondering if the cut cables at back of stereo space and behind glovebox may be part of why it wont fire into life,when i turn the key to position 2,on the instrument panel the temperature gauge flies to high,and lights for full beam and headlights is on,date display works no problem. any advice/suggestions welcome,i will post up later what wires and where that are cut,im determined im bringing the car back to life (hasnt been run since being stolen from previous owner last february,and twats never got anywhere with it,was sitting in previous owners drive since,till i got it 2 weeks ago.
Allan091

2nd Nov 12 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wires that have been cut at back of stereo space - brown/white,black/brown,brown/grey,brown/white,red/brown,blue/red,also a brown cable and a black cable with own socket,and a seperate black with own socket,wires that have been cut behind glovebox - grey/black,black/white,blue,yellow,brown/blue,brown/white,green,yellow/brown,brown/green,white,also a red wire that had been cut,assumed they were same and joined them up,hope this makes sense to someone.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

2nd Nov 12 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish I could help you mate.

Welcome to the site anyway

Have you thought about getting an auto electrician round to have a look for you?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Allan091

2nd Nov 12 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Auto elec. is last plan,hoping to not go down that route,iv identified 6 wires that are stereo wires,been cut back to glovebox,sorting them tomorrow,rewiring them to where they should be,just need to find other ends of rest of cut wires,whether its enough to get it started time will tell........ Cheers for the welcome
Generation

2nd Nov 12 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was you I'd start by replacing complete dash loom, eater than havig joint wires everywhere.

Just start fresh
XE Col
Premium Member

4th Nov 12 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did u get the original key? If you have put a new barrel in with a new key it won't be coded to the ecu, it will have a different chip in it, will need a matching ecu and chip
Allan091

11th Nov 12 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah,original key and barrel,just new ignition switch/wiring,but going to get complete wiring looms and start afresh,be easier.

New Poll