corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tyre exploded, need a new one. recomendations for a 215/40/17 tyre please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tyre exploded, need a new one. recomendations for a 215/40/17 tyre please
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Nov 12 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had sets of vredstein tyres for the last 5 years but after one blowing out and trying to kill me last night on the a127 i fancy a change

about £100 a corner if possible. heard good things about sport contact 5's
faulken any good?

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Kippers

11th Nov 12 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Falken ZE912 are a cheap alternative.
_Allan_

11th Nov 12 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have Rainsport 2's on the Cupra at the moment. Not bad in the dry and great in the wet. Running a fair bit of power and they hold up well imo.

For your size, £88.40 a corner on Camskill.

[Edited on 11-11-2012 by _Allan_]
corsa-sxi

11th Nov 12 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which vredestein was that? was there any repairs on the tyre? Just bought a set of Vredestein Vortis on the front
gavin18787
Premium Member

11th Nov 12 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ssenta's not had any issues over the years on road or track with them this one just had enough for some reason. unless it has hit something at somepoint :s

davegreen
Premium Member

11th Nov 12 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im using pirelli pzero tyres, have done for some time now not the best life span, 18kish on a set but grip well in wet and great in the dry. £360 for a set of 4 fitted. heard horror stories about verdstien tyres on cars and would touch them!
corsa-sxi

11th Nov 12 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im on my 4th set so far no issues, its because they are good value for £100 a corner on 18's
jonnieboy

11th Nov 12 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got Toyo T1R's on the IS200, great budget tyre, Grip well when the 'charger gets going
smcGSI16V

11th Nov 12 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't get T1r's in a lot of sizes now as they have discontinued them. I have had to switch to T1sport now. Which are just as good as the T1r's if not better in the wet.
P1CK4D

12th Nov 12 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hankook V12 Evo's. Awesome.
Sam
Premium Member

12th Nov 12 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tyres don't randomly blow or explode in my experience, your blowout was either due to the tyre being damaged beforehand, driving over something in the road that punctured it or in a rare case a manufacturing fault, but if it was the latter you'd have known about it before now I reckon.
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Nov 12 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
Hankook V12 Evo's. Awesome.

where did you get yours my essex friend?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tyre exploded, need a new one. recomendations for a 215/40/17 tyre please 23 database queries in 0.0105991 seconds