corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Small Vans

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Small Vans
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Nov 12 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a budget of up to a £1000 but the lower the better. Looking at corsa/Astra vans etc. but I'd prefer the height of something like a combi or Berlingo/Partner/Kangoo.

At the minute, Dad and I share my sister's car as she leaves it at home for 6months a year for going to the tip, picking things up from builder's merchants etc. However, now it would be useful to share a van, we'd still do as before but it also needs to be capable of towing two trials bikes at weekends and reasonably professionally looking incase we start doing a bit of plastering on the side.

Any recommendations or things to look out for?
Dave

13th Nov 12 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Berlingos/Partners tend to be quite cheap but often because they are knackered, they don't seem to age well at all. I was in a 58plate 1.9/90k and it ran like a tank, from asking round it certainly wasn't an isolated case. Hdi would be a better bet but they aren't as common.

I run a Connect and it's been a great little van so far but they are a bit more to buy, workmate has a Caddy but they are even more than the Connect. Not had much experience with Combos.
davegreen
Premium Member

13th Nov 12 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a caddy 1.9 tdi on demo once, total rubbish compaired to the astra 1.7dti part from the space. caddy couldnt cope with any weight though, handled like a boat when loaded and drank fuel like you wouldnt belive. seats like church pews no leg room. combo's are good small vans and they are a corsa underneith!
Ash5

13th Nov 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dads got a peugeot Partner van with about 80k on it and its a great little van,hes had it 2 years and the only thing thats gone wrong was a front spring snaped.Its a 1.9 it get about 650 miles to a tank of diesel. i would recommend them

[Edited on 13-11-2012 by Ash5]
shaunmods
Premium Member

13th Nov 12 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a Combo C 1.7 cdti and love it. 1k should get you a decent condition 1.7 DI or DTI I would have thought Don't let higher mileage put you off with these engines, they are pretty bomb proof.

Common problems with these are things like leaking brake servos seals letting water into the footwell and loose steering racks causing knocking noises going over bumps.
mattk

13th Nov 12 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fiat Doblo, my dad has a 53 plate one, its a fucking shed, hes a tit and never services it, only time its had an oil chance is when a hole rotted through on the oil filter and it spat its oil out, noticed a few hours later and replaced the filter and oil. has 18ok on it, runs on 3 cylinders now I admit but it still starts first time and does 90mph no problem

has 2 side doors and plenty of room in the back.

problem with Combos and Connects for me is they are too car based. most of the room is in the front, not the back where you need it
Anty
Premium Member

13th Nov 12 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sooty van ?
Gary
Premium Member

13th Nov 12 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a shit berlingo for sale
BenC1985

13th Nov 12 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive a belingo as a work van and its pretty good tbh. 1.6td and its rapid for a van.lol loads of room due to the height and handle ok. Cant comment when it has weight in because i dont have much in it normally.lol
Anty
Premium Member

13th Nov 12 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Small Vans 22 database queries in 0.0134230 seconds