corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Good year eagle f1 GSD3's good and bad ones? Remember reading on here about it

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Good year eagle f1 GSD3's good and bad ones? Remember reading on here about it
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Nov 12 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found a cheap set of goodyear eagle F1 GSD3 in the size i need locally but I remember reading on here a while back that there were good and bad ones? Like they were made in two different places or something.
Anyone remember it or how you could tell them apart?

Think im either going to go with these or some Falken 542's as they seem to be getting good reviews too

Cheers Gavin

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
SXI - Matt

13th Nov 12 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember the same they changed the compound and they were from china from what I can remember, best tyres I've ever had but have been put off getting again after hearing about this a while back to.

Sorry cant comment on how you tell
Nic Barnes

13th Nov 12 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They were being phased out a few years ago in favour of f1 asymmetric pattern.
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Nov 12 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad it wasnt me going mad then
Assume thats why these are a good price as they must have been laying around a while.....

Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

13th Nov 12 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it was Adam_B iirc. Chinese ones were shite, German ones were sound.
Adam_B

13th Nov 12 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Mike said. They were the exact same tyres but 2 completely different compounds, I rang goodyear and they took some part numbers off the tyres and they were made on opposite sides of the world!!
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Nov 12 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any idea how you tell which are which? Tempted to spend more on the 452's soni know what im getting haha

Adam_B

13th Nov 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you know thinking about it It may say on the tyre 'made in china' They only took the part numbers to check they were not copies.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

13th Nov 12 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have Made in Germany or Made in China on the sidewall.
smcGSI16V

13th Nov 12 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had them on the Corsa, on my softstars and couldn't fault them. That was the ones made in Germany not China and as Mike says it was stamped on the tyres sidewall.
gavin18787
Premium Member

14th Nov 12 at 07:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ones I have found are made in germany

May go with them, anyone know how stiff they are? As my car is quite heavy on its sidewalls. Currently ones run great with their XL casing

gavin18787
Premium Member

15th Nov 12 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i went with them :-) 215/40/17 for £50 each just need to get them fitted by someone now :-):-)
From my research i found if they are made in germany and have a Y speed rating they are good
w rated and tiawan are the poop ones.....

Skylined

16th Nov 12 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much for 235/45/17?
gavin18787
Premium Member

16th Nov 12 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno just got lucky with somewhere selling four of this size im affraid

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Good year eagle f1 GSD3's good and bad ones? Remember reading on here about it 23 database queries in 0.0106959 seconds