corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Did you vote (police commissioner elections)

Poll: Did you vote (police commissioner elections)
Yes 0 (0%)
No 62 (100%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Did you vote (police commissioner elections)
Fonz
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Nov 12 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would seem there was a very low turn out to the elections and i am just woundered what people thoughts were and if you voted

as i see it was a waste of time

unlike a PM election i cant see the advantage in one suitable candidate over another for the Police Commissioner.

A PM may want to feed more money into health, education or increase/decrease tax, and depending on their policies i will choose which one to vote for based on what i feel best suits/benefits me
the potential PM will have an agenda for the country, wishing the nation to become more wealthy, better educated, have a better health system, or transport network, whatever it is there will be people who agree and disagree with the policy

the police however i would want them to be doing exactly the same job as they did 5 years ago, 10 years ago or even 20 or more years...fighting crime!
keeping the streets safe, stopping criminals, locking them up, educating the public as required, responding to calls, running investigations...everything you'd expect the police to do

i cant see how a manifesto would work for Police Commissioner....
Candidate 1 - "i will continue to fight crime"
Candidate 2 - "i will also continue to fight crime"

ok so there will be subtle differences in how, more "Bobbies on the beat" or greater investment into anti drugs/fraud teams etc but at the end of the day it all fights crime and thus to my benefit...

besides, the publicity that has reached me as been minimal, i know it was happening, but didnt know who i could vote for, or their ideas they brought to the table

Whittie

16th Nov 12 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't vote because I didn't have a clue what I was voting for, due to absolutely nobody telling me.

I'm not going to go searching for a reason to vote, campaigners should come to me, or at least drop a leaflet through the door.
Nath

16th Nov 12 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Didn't vote because I didn't have a clue what I was voting for, due to absolutely nobody telling me.

I'm not going to go searching for a reason to vote, campaigners should come to me, or at least drop a leaflet through the door.
Kippers

16th Nov 12 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

EXACTLY THIS!
flybikeslee

16th Nov 12 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first i've heard tbh
Steve
Premium Member

16th Nov 12 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf is a police commissioner anyway? sounds very american and pointless
Nismo

16th Nov 12 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i voted for commissioner gordon.
Sam
Premium Member

16th Nov 12 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

djgritt
Premium Member

16th Nov 12 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, because I'm not/I wasn't at home to do so.
AlunJ

16th Nov 12 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, apparently no one in Newport did didn't understand it and the manifestos were all the same basically.
Jamie Walby

16th Nov 12 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have voted if it was Tom Selleck as he is a great police commissionaire.
Ian W

16th Nov 12 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
I would have voted if it was Tom Selleck as he is a great police commissionaire.
Jambo

16th Nov 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt because all our local ones seemed to offer the exact same thing.

Completely pointless and i dread to think how much money was wasted on this.
Sam
Premium Member

16th Nov 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More pointless bullshit bureaucracy that we've had to pay for again, as usual.

I wish I could convince my wife to leave this island and emigrate to the land of the convicts with me.

(not that it's perfect over there but at least the weather is nicer!)

[Edited on 16-11-2012 by Sam]
Jambo

16th Nov 12 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit spiders though
Tomnova16
Premium Member

16th Nov 12 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
AndyKent

16th Nov 12 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope for the same reasons.

Apparently a large-ish cluster town near Bedford only had 74 votes out of around 3000 people
Cavey

16th Nov 12 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the news they said there was somewhere where no-one voted in the entire 15 hours the polling station was open
Stu_22

16th Nov 12 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Waste of time and money we have to vote some random person in to tell the police what to do
Marc

16th Nov 12 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc

16th Nov 12 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Butler

16th Nov 12 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does everyone want to be hounded at their own door for a campaign. I'd rather do my own research!
smcGSI16V

16th Nov 12 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Same reasons the wife and I didn't vote.

Just seems a complete waste of money time and a bit of a farce the whole thing.
Plus the police should be doing and continuing to do what they have done since year dot. How paying somebody 100k a year is going to benefit the way they work and benefit me i don't know.

[Edited on 16-11-2012 by smcGSI16V]
Jambo

16th Nov 12 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The £100k a year bit starlted me a bit as well. AFAIK isnt the top dog MET comminshner (Spelling?!) not on similar? At least he has some work to do. Not sure how a small town/area like ours is justified in that expenditure.
Kippers

16th Nov 12 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As the election results started to come in on Friday, it became clear many voters had stayed away from the polls.

-In Gwent, where turnout was 14.3% overall, one polling station in Newport was visited by no voters at all

-In the Manchester Central parliamentary by-election, Lucy Powell held the seat for Labour with a majority of 9,936 votes; the turnout of 18.16% is believed to be the lowest in a UK parliamentary by-election since World War II

-In the Cardiff South and Penarth by-election, Labour's Stephen Doughty held with a majority of 5,334; turnout was 25.65%

-The result in the Corby by-election, which is seen as a crucial mid-term test of David Cameron's premiership, is expected at about 14:30 GMT; if Labour wins, it will be the first time in 15 years the party has taken a Tory seat at a by-election

[Edited on 16-11-2012 by Kippers]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Did you vote (police commissioner elections) 25 database queries in 0.0169270 seconds