corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » All in one or desktop

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author All in one or desktop
strick206

User status: Offline
18th Nov 12 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully you can help me with this,

I am looking at buying a desktop PC or an All in One, space is limited which is why I am considering the all in one.

Looking at spending around 600 but no more than 700 really.

It will be used for normal browsing, emails, photographs etc, not required for gaming.

I have found a couple of options, but I am looking for opinions as to how good these all in ones are and any recommendations.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-23-b030ea-23-all-in-one-pc-17392844-pdt.html

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-series-5-dp500a2d-21-5-touchscreen-all-in-one-pc-17392876-pdt.html

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba-lx830-10f-23-touchscreen-all-in-one-pc-14134736-pdt.html

Open to debate with the operating system as I have not read much about windows 8

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Sam
Premium Member

19th Nov 12 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't bother with PC World, they are expensive and often outdated or shite specs (the CPUs on those examples you gave are 2nd generation Intel Core "Sandy Bridge" processors, we are on third generation "Ivy Bridge" now which perform better and use less power).

Go look on places like eBuyer, Scan, etc. (or U2U me and I'll spec you out one from my company lol).

Also, stick with Windows 7 unless you specifically want a touch screen as Windows 8 is designed more for touch screen users in mind (and you lose the familiar start menu amongst other things so will be a totally new learning curve for you).

For your budget you *could* actually have a gaming spec system, as I recently built myself a mid-range gaming PC for about £430 inc. VAT, I already had the keyboard/mouse/monitor/case though, but those parts would only be about another £150 on top.
strick206

19th Nov 12 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PC World was just for examples really, this PC is actually for my parents, I really think they would prefer an all in one, doesn't need to be windows 8, or have to be tough screen if that is optional on all in ones?

Happy to buy one from wherever really, I know they will get much more for their money with a desktop but what are we looking at with an all in one for that price
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

19th Nov 12 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get either the hp all in one or acer. great pieces of kit!
Sam
Premium Member

19th Nov 12 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ what he said!
strick206

21st Nov 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
^ what he said!

Sam, is that what you think is best? Can you supply all in ones?
Sam
Premium Member

21st Nov 12 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can get you any good deals.

New Poll