corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Life Assurance/Critical Illness Cover

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Life Assurance/Critical Illness Cover
James

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 12 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who has either of these? I'm meeting with a financial advisor at lunchtime and they have asked for details of the current policies I have.

I thought I was covered by my employer but it turns out I'm not.

Just had a quote for both that will cover my outstanding mortgage balance and the average quote was £40 per month. This seems like a lot?
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Nov 12 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iirc, mine is £56 a month including redundancy cover but instead of giving me a lump sum to pay off the mortgage, I can choose to take amonthly payment of £1500 instead. This would more than cover mortgage payments and general bills etc. and goes on until such point that I return to work with no duration cap.
James

22nd Nov 12 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just found out I do have it through work.
John

22nd Nov 12 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got life inusrance/assurance (not sure which) + critical illness.

Covers the mortgage and fixed price for term.

About £23 a month each, which I think is a bit expensive.
Sam
Premium Member

22nd Nov 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got life insurance but no critical illness cover. This pays off the mortgage plus a bit extra will go to my wife if I die before it's paid off, costs me £11/month.

On a related note, are you allowed to have more than one life insurance policy or is it just a case of increasing the cover on your existing policy?

Would like to leave her some more money when I die so she doesn't have to worry about bills and that especially if we have kids soon.
Colin

22nd Nov 12 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm £20 a month, covers me for my full outstanding mortgage amount on a sliding scale, both critical illness and death cover. I also have death in service cover for my work.

Thats through LV & includes frequent helicopter travel which puts me at a higher risk.

[Edited on 22-11-2012 by Colin]
M2RTY

22nd Nov 12 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont get a joint policy as a claim on one puts them both up

We have 2 policies with zurich, not on a sliding scale, 25 a month each. Covers life and critical illness, not redundency as i do contract work and my lass is in a job in the nhs that they cant fill the current possitions never mind getting rid of some

John

22nd Nov 12 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine isn't a sliding scale for the mortgage, sounds similar then so that's probably an ok price.
baza31

22nd Nov 12 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My pension will pay out 70k even if I die tomorrow, this will cover any costs till they sold my assets . Don't want to make it too easy for them I insure what I have to be legal . They don't pay no fucker out anyhow and wriggle , everything is covered in their t&c . Biggest wankers out are insurance company's
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

22nd Nov 12 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Life insurance, £8pm.

Got money saved if worst come to worst and lost job to pay bills for a bit.

Death in service through work etc.

Touch wood never have to use any.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
VegasPhil
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 23:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cover for Life through work.

Also Insurance cover with the mortgage. I didn't bother with Critical Illness as that is what bumps the price up so much. If I get diagnosed with a terminal illness the life cover will pay out anyway.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll