corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jobs

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jobs
Tom G

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 12 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long do you tend to stay in one?

In a place where achievement is not often celebrated and failures often criticised...e.g. Public sector

I've got a interview next week for a promotion in a different NHS hospital trust, but this would be my 3rd job this year, all be it being promoted.

I'm quite capable but it seems you need to climb the ladder to get to the top and i seem to be taking the lift, but i don't know where loyalties lie, when it comes to it.

i've been in my current job only 3 months and previous one only 5.

Do i go for the interview?
Rob E

22nd Nov 12 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely go for interview! Loyalty counts for nothing these days within the modern working world.
Matt L

22nd Nov 12 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first job was around 2.5 years then made redundant, last job was again 2.5 years and moved by choice, new job... start on monday hoping to last me a while tbh although once qualified then will have a see whats about maybe depends how its going.

depends on the job but (going off my mum trying to get another job a while ago they were put off by the fact she had been there for 15+ years) a bit of variety is much much better imo.

[Edited on 22-11-2012 by Matt L]
Russ

22nd Nov 12 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you do
Tom G

22nd Nov 12 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know Russ is a fellow NHS employer

Started in Patient records, moved around now know i am a RTT Analyst (Referral to Treatment).

The job I'm going to interview for is EPR Implementation Analyst, basically two year fixed term contract, brining in patients electronic patient records.
Tom G

22nd Nov 12 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is, i only applied as ive always liked the thought of working on a big project, part of service development.

I've studied along side work so it's not like i haven't worked for it
Russ

22nd Nov 12 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on systemone or emisweb or something similar?
dannymccann

22nd Nov 12 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was in my first job in Accounts Payable for 2 years, moved into Financial Reporting start of this year on maternity cover then moved sideways into VAT & Tax 3 months ago.

The general jist at the company I work for (private not public sector) is you really need to be in the department for a minimum of a year before you start applying for more internal vacancies, but at the end of the day if you've been offered an interview they can't think negative of you.

Just go for it, as said, there is little loyalty (or at least it doesn't really show) these days
Tom G

22nd Nov 12 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure on he exact system, it isn't currently in the trust at all, nor is it in my current one.
Russ

22nd Nov 12 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm in the process of being royally fucked over by my trust
P1CK4D

22nd Nov 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go for the interview and take the job if you get offered it. In such a big organisation, loyalty means nothing. You're just a number and will easily be replaced. By staying put your only letting yourself down.
Tom G

22nd Nov 12 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My role that i do at the moment is unique, most trusts dont even have us, as we basically mop up all the mess. So it's not going to be here forever, which isn't the point im moving, but worth adding.

Yeah im going to go anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone had similar, particularly with moving on quickly.

Whats going down Russ?
Simon_16v

I've been in the same job for just over 4 years, started when i finished college at 19.

Have learnt stuff and progressed but minimal pay rises whereas other disciplines were given them out.

Applied for another job with the same job description and considerably higher pay.
Russ

nothing easy about replacing staff
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Nov 12 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been at the same place for 8 years. Want to try and leave but they keep offering me courses to do
Tom G

22nd Nov 12 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
Go for the interview and take the job if you get offered it. In such a big organisation, loyalty means nothing. You're just a number and will easily be replaced. By staying put your only letting yourself down.

I think it's the older generation of people i work with, staying in jobs for 15 years earning 20k.
Marc

22nd Nov 12 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never been in a job over 4 years.
P1CK4D

22nd Nov 12 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
quote:

I think it's the older generation of people i work with, staying in jobs for 15 years earning 20k.

Because they are comfortable and have a lack of motivation.
P1CK4D

22nd Nov 12 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ

Huh? Tom would be in his new position, he wouldn't give a shit about his old one or how easy it is to replace him
Russ

22nd Nov 12 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
My role that i do at the moment is unique, most trusts dont even have us, as we basically mop up all the mess. So it's not going to be here forever, which isn't the point im moving, but worth adding.

Yeah im going to go anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone had similar, particularly with moving on quickly.

Whats going down Russ?
i work for estates as a site manager, manage.. the site . have a few admin staff who i look after who dont fit in any other teams, they are moving all admin staff to one group and i am going to be expected to line manage them, like 100 staff, fucking ridiculous bollocks.
Russ

22nd Nov 12 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Huh? Tom would be in his new position, he wouldn't give a shit about his old one or how easy it is to replace him
you said he is just a number and easily replaced, i wish that was the case, just getting somebody the access to the correct part of a computer system to sit on reception can take months. then theres the politics of employing outsiders
Tom G

22nd Nov 12 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good! Would be mental, they are cutting our footprint here in MCHFT too, so imagine some will go
Tom G

22nd Nov 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

you said he is just a number and easily replaced, i wish that was the case, just getting somebody the access to the correct part of a computer system to sit on reception can take months. then theres the politics of employing outsiders

I think that's part and parcel of being a manager, got to expect change at what, band 2/3
Russ

22nd Nov 12 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id take a band 3 job and no stress
P1CK4D

22nd Nov 12 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What wages your band 3 jobs? I left the NHS about 4 years ago and I was on Band 4.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jobs 22 database queries in 0.1895711 seconds