corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snowboard/Ski Season 12/13

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Snowboard/Ski Season 12/13
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Nov 12 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who is off where this season?

I'm booked up for Les Menuires in January and getting a full 'Trois Vallee' pass so we can get over to Courcheval, Meribel, VT etc.

Looking to go somewhere in March, just the Missus and myself; Europe, fairly quiet and tree lined, any recommendations?
ed

26th Nov 12 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a work 'meeting' in Kitzbuhel in March and going to Champoluc in January.
Balling
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're considering Canazei for January. Heard it's very quiet early in the year, and food's not as pricey as France.

AndyKent

26th Nov 12 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want to go. Cannot afford to go
ed

26th Nov 12 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Italy is good for not having your arse raped by greedy French bastards - bought 3 coffees in Champoluc and got change from a 5 Euro note
A1EX

26th Nov 12 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will take a drive up the road, attempt to ski/snowboard and nearly break my leg again
Balling
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did you find Champoluc? There are some pretty good deals to be had.

Tomnova16
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully back to my mates place in Verchaix, skiing morrillon, samoens and flaine in the grand massif
will be in march though as there is nothing better than skiing in a t shirt in the sun

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
ed

26th Nov 12 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's quite a little area, good if you like to take things easy and enjoy good food e.t.c. It's pretty old fashioned too.

The place is empty during the week though as it seems to be a bit of a weekend retreat for the Italians. Aosta valley wine is good too
Tomnova16
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed i need to ski with you some time

Rob_Quads

26th Nov 12 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm Wanted to get a cheeky trip in but due to the wife loving snowboarding too i have been banned as we have twins due in February.

Be careful if you stop for food in Courcheval, can be scary expensive thanks to all the Russian money.
ed

26th Nov 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
ed i need to ski with you some time
RichR
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CS Snowboard/Ski trip? You've organised Uni ones haven't you Ed?
ashleh

26th Nov 12 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Borovets on the 26th Jan! Snow was absolutely incredible last time so fingers crossed it's the same again.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

snow everywhere is pretty much amazing at the moment

Gary
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mrs wants to go this year. Never done iot before though
Tomnova16
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its easy and its an awesome holiday, nightlife is brilliant, (obviously depends where you go)

Aaron

26th Nov 12 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All my boarding friends got married or had kids, resulting in me not going out anywhere for the third season on the go To be perfectly honest though, i think it's something i've grown out of a bit....although, i bet i'd soon change my mind again if i were plonked at the top of a nice red run.

FYI, i'm selling my hear if anyone is interested. 2x 160 boards, 1 pair of size 8 boots, 1 pair of bindings, 1 board bag and 1 pair of 32/34 waist boarding trousers.
Aaron

26th Nov 12 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
hopefully back to my mates place in Verchaix, skiing morrillon, samoens and flaine in the grand massif
will be in march though as there is nothing better than skiing in a t shirt in the sun

This is where i've been for the past 5 seasons that i've been out. Quality place IMO
RichR
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What bindings are they? I need a pair for my scrappy board that I use to ride dendex and concrete steps etc.r
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are these holidays like if you're with somebody who can't Ski?

I learned as a kid and went to Italy a few times with School, and have done the odd indoor/dry session since in the UK.

I really want to take my missus, but she's only had a few hours of beginner lessons and didn't really enjoy it all that much I'm pretty confident she'd enjoy it on a mountain but I think the main issue would be the fact she'd be doing lessons and I'd be out pissing around on my own.

I considered learning snowboarding myself, then we could learn together at the same time. Do a few sessions at home on indoor slopes and then go for a week worth of lessons abroad, or is it worth getting 100% confident on indoor slopes and then just going it alone once abroad?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Chris C

26th Nov 12 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going boarding with 5 friends to the father in laws place in St Gervais/les contamines.... Driving out on the 6th boarding for 4 days and flying home on the 10th jan, can't bloody wait !
Graeme
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want to go but new house purchase doesn't allow it this season unless I get a cheap deal. Friends wana go away and I'm thinking about tinges but its bloody expensive there.
CorsAsh

27th Nov 12 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Looking to go somewhere in March, just the Missus and myself; Europe, fairly quiet and tree lined, any recommendations?
Try Brixen im Thale in Austria. We loved it there.
Gary
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What we talking cost wise? 1 week, 2 people, Europe?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snowboard/Ski Season 12/13 23 database queries in 0.5214660 seconds