corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying and Selling Cars

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying and Selling Cars
Tom B

User status: Offline
27th Nov 12 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work in the motor trade full time and over last few years bought and sold a few cars for profit. Not many just a couple per year. I've now had a quote for a trade policy and thinking about doing it part time. Only thing that's bothering me is I've been told i had to be registered motor trader and pay tax off the profit? I only want to do a couple a month as a hobby and small profit. How do I go about this? What would happen if I didn't pay the tax? Any comments appreciated
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just put them through as making a loss on them...
Brett
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know people with trader policies that aren't necessarily registered, maybe try elsewhere?
ShEp

27th Nov 12 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was in the trade and sold 46 in 2 years and never registered.

baza31

27th Nov 12 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp

wait until tax man finds out . 8 a year then your classed as a trader iirc. Also i know they are working with dvla . They come down on a lad i know , They asked him how many cars he sold and he lied, they then produced a print out of all the vehicles , they asked him to right down how much he bought and sold each one for , he lied again . They left and must of contacted the previous owner and new keeper and proved he was lying. They went to the auction with an invoice he gave them, checked his purchasing history and there was a load he didnt register in his name .He ended up with an 28k bill in total. He said he couldn't pay it and they took his house . The guy was almost suicidal and still has fuck all.
There is only one winner and its them, if you go round ducking and diving from paying tax they will win in the end

ShEp

27th Nov 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
quote:
Originally posted by ShEp

wait until tax man finds out . 8 a year then your classed as a trader iirc. Also i know they are working with dvla . They come down on a lad i know , They asked him how many cars he sold and he lied, they then produced a print out of all the vehicles , they asked him to right down how much he bought and sold each one for , he lied again . They left and must of contacted the previous owner and new keeper and proved he was lying. They went to the auction with an invoice he gave them, checked his purchasing history and there was a load he didnt register in his name .He ended up with an 28k bill in total. He said he couldn't pay it and they took his house . The guy was almost suicidal and still has fuck all.
There is only one winner and its them, if you go round ducking and diving from paying tax they will win in the end

Woah!! Chill out

It's not like I nicked them from a family members loft.
edd1.0

27th Nov 12 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you do are going to declare to the tax man , make sure u make a note of anycars that you make a loss on as you can claim that off against ure next one on tax i think?? , for example if u make a £200 loss , then on the next one make a £400 profit u can just claim the £200 profit difference against the tax if that makes sense ? , im not sure if its common knowledge or not i just thought i would mention it haha

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying and Selling Cars 22 database queries in 0.0126801 seconds