corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » knocking cv joint need advice on corect parts and what to replace

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author knocking cv joint need advice on corect parts and what to replace
sparcost3

User status: Offline
28th Nov 12 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi there i have severe knocking from what i think is the "inner" CV joint (closer to the gearbox end of the shaft rather than the wheel end?

i had it on the ramp for a look and took a photo -

arrow "A" shows a section of drive shaft (the orange arrow) that is moving horizontally by 5-10mm im guessing due to the CV joint being destroyed?

arrow B shows what i think is the inner CV joint which is compleatley knackered.. all the grease has escaped as you can see its up the back of the sump and allover the lambda.. it moves up and down and side to side alot so the bearings must be destroyed.. now im not sure what is the exact part number for this so i want some 1 to clear up which is the replacement part i need??

i think its this?? but not 100% sure - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-CALIBRA-OFF-SIDE-INNER-CV-JOINT-BRAND-NEW-/170674911329?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27bd047861

now arrow c points to what i think is the outer CV joint... there is no play in it but again there are signs grease has gone all over the rim and suspension shock so i presume i might aswell replace as im getting the other 1 done?? so again is this the correct part??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-CALIBRA-2-0-2-0T-2-5-CV-JOINT-NEW-90-98-/140459935164?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b41085bc

so if you could clear up if im getting the corect parts for the job and that im doing the right thing.. that would be great

or is it easier to just buy a whole new shaft !?!?

any links to those would be great?

cheers,

ste

corsadonk
Premium Member

28th Nov 12 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You want the inner CV from a equal lenght shaft. I expect a motor factor could help.
sparcost3

28th Nov 12 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry yeah might help... Lol redtop corsa mate c20xe equal shaft yeah not sure what I'm looking for
sparcost3

29th Nov 12 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know
one-mr-t

30th Nov 12 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inner cv from a vauxhall calibra 20xe make sure u tell them it's equal length shafts

New Poll