corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Battery Relocation, what to do with these wires?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Battery Relocation, what to do with these wires?
Aidan-Fleming

User status: Offline
30th Nov 12 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As the engine is out i can see where both possitive and negative wires are coming from. If your looking at the bay, the negative comes from the right hand side and the positive comes from the left in two seperate parts of the loom.

Do i need to strip these + and - wires back into the car and then to the boot?
and the other earth wires that come off the negative just attach to the bodywork?

bigron1988

1st Dec 12 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

attach all earths to the car somewhere and best bet is to get a distribution block stick all the power cables in that and just run one wire to the battery
Aidan-Fleming

1st Dec 12 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay so the negative wire that's in the bay I can just attach that to the bodywork in the bay somwhere? I can just cut off the terminal and attach and ring thingy and self tap it to the car? Then the Postive black wire, cut the terminal off and then attach it into a distribution box and then run it back to the boot? Where does the fuse go? Once I've cut the terminal off the positive wire I attach that end to a diss box, then run the thick power cable to a fuse then thick cable to the boot and attach a terminal to the end? Then at the boot end i just get a new earth cable with a terminal on it and attach that cable to the body work yeah?
Aidan-Fleming

2nd Dec 12 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

?
tobyc20xe

3rd Dec 12 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aidan-Fleming
Okay so the negative wire that's in the bay I can just attach that to the bodywork in the bay somwhere? I can just cut off the terminal and attach and ring thingy and self tap it to the car? Then the Postive black wire, cut the terminal off and then attach it into a distribution box and then run it back to the boot? Where does the fuse go? Once I've cut the terminal off the positive wire I attach that end to a diss box, then run the thick power cable to a fuse then thick cable to the boot and attach a terminal to the end? Then at the boot end i just get a new earth cable with a terminal on it and attach that cable to the body work yeah?

pritty much yes. have a read of this bud if the link don't work try copy and pasteing it...sorry useing my phone!

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/other-mechanical-electrical/410872-battery-move-boot.html
Aidan-Fleming

4th Dec 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks. But lost again! Found the black power cable in the engine bay with the terminal on the end. Now there's a ring on it with an other wire with an other ring thing. But I took the confute and tape off and there was two other wires with two plugs. Can anyone tell me what these wires are for and whys one cut? and if there important what do I do with them?

Here's the terminal from the power cable and you can see there's an other black wire and a red one connect? What are they?

Then this is the two plugs and wires tht were there also?

New Poll