corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » final drive

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author final drive
Firefly

User status: Offline
1st Dec 12 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just changed my final drive in my f13 cr from 3.74 to 4.18, but now im wondering why i did it. Changing the pinion to a smaller one with less teeth would simply make the engine have to work harder and rotate slightly more to achieve the same result, right? So therefore youre actually creating a disadvantage
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Dec 12 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it not accelerate faster? The engine is more free to spin further because the load isn't as great.
Firefly

1st Dec 12 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinking it shouldnt, because its like trying to ride a mountain bike along the flat in the same gear you would use to climb a hill. You would have to pedal incredibly fast to get anywhere
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Dec 12 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But its easier to pedal.

What does it drive like?
Firefly

1st Dec 12 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is easier to pedal, but you still have to pedal really fast to go at the same speed as the bloke next to you whos in a lower gear

It doesnt go much different, except for revving out quicker

New Poll