corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW 320D M Sport

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW 320D M Sport
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Dec 12 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As some of you may remember I bought a Golf few months ago with intention of replacing my E39 BMW. I ended up selling it as I wanted to get another BMW instead.

While I had the Golf on AutoTrader - a nice E46 320D M Sport has come up for sale on a forum.

The only problem with it - damaged front end.

After an exchange of few email between myself and the seller - we agreed on a price and date of collection.

I did see pictures of the car and the PDF file from the assessor so I knew nothing major was wrong.

Anyway - drove 90 miles today to meet this chap, signed all the paperwork, got bonnet to close and off we went!

As you can see it's a light front end damage. I got most of parts already for £120 and all I need is bonnet.

Also reset MPG setting - on the way back at steady 70-80 miles an hour averaged out 63.6 mpg!

Previous owner did tell me that the car has an economy map but it had no trouble keeping up with my 530D.

With regards to milelage - a brand new engine, turbo and gearbox were fitted at 58k miles with paperwork to prove!

[Edited on 10-12-2012 by daymoon]
Simon_16v

10th Dec 12 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daymoon
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v

just edited the post, last line
Simon_16v

10th Dec 12 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100k is better lol i'd like an E46 320D next, preferably a cab though
Corsa_Sport21

10th Dec 12 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not bad, will look decent with the new front end.

What sort of cash is in that?? About £500 the way it sat??
daymoon
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Not bad, will look decent with the new front end.

What sort of cash is in that?? About £500 the way it sat??

dream on with £500. Insurance valued car at 3700. I can't find a decent E46 320D non M sport for £3000
Corsa_Sport21

10th Dec 12 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So its not an insurance write off then??
kennySRi

10th Dec 12 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite a few are dropping to £3k now, won't be long until you can get a 320cd for that.

If you got that for quite a bit less than £1500 then it's a decent enough buy if everything runs fine. Luckily it's silver so shouldnt cost too much to repair.
daymoon
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
Quite a few are dropping to £3k now, won't be long until you can get a 320cd for that.

If you got that for quite a bit less than £1500 then it's a decent enough buy if everything runs fine. Luckily it's silver so shouldnt cost too much to repair.

Show me were?

What I paid for it is for me to know and for you to guess. Some one offered the guy way more than we agreed but by then I had paid so he had to turn down the offer.

It's not a write off yet but might be cat D.

Corsa_Sport21

10th Dec 12 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it will be an insurance write off, with 140k on it.

Going by what you paid for the Golf with no engine, i can imagine you payed near enough the same money as a straight car with under 100k for this.

[Edited on 10-12-2012 by Corsa_Sport21]
kennySRi

10th Dec 12 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not wanting to start a guessing game It's only your business how much you paid.

What are they like to drive? I've had plenty of bms and keep looking for a cheap 320d for a daily car but never driven the diesels.
daymoon
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So it will be an insurance write off, with 140k on it.

Going by what you paid for the Golf with no engine, i can imagine you payed near enough the same money as a straight car with under 100k for this.

[Edited on 10-12-2012 by Corsa_Sport21]

so show me a 320d M sport with 100k ?
Corsa_Sport21

10th Dec 12 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive not got time to check. Your reply's have pretty much confirmed you have paid strong money for this though.
daymoon
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ive not got time to check. Your reply's have pretty much confirmed you have paid strong money for this though.

Cheapest 320D M sport on AT with similar milleage(I will say again though - mine had a new engine at 58k)

http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201212014471084/sort/default/usedcars/fuel-type/diesel/maximum-age/up_to_10_years_old/model/3_series/make/bmw/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/yo84ye/radius/1500/keywords/sport/page/3?logcode=p

after all repairs i will be at least 1k clear of that

[Edited on 10-12-2012 by daymoon]
Corsa_Sport21

10th Dec 12 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a straight car though, which has had £1k spent on a suspension/bush overhaul. Yours might still be on all the original bushes and what not.
Gareth T

10th Dec 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely, get a project thread going.
daymoon
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth T
Lovely, get a project thread going.

Thanks,

that's where this thread was supposed to be, i nearly ended up creating it in parts for sale

If mods could move this to Projects & Builds it would be much appreciated!
kennySRi

10th Dec 12 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thought i'd chuck these 2 links in here to show that you can get them for less than £3k

This one might not be a genuine sport and mileage will probs be over 200k

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/53-PLATE-BMW-320D-BLACK-M3-SPEC-MOT-JULY-2013-TAX-FEB-S-H-OUTSTANDING-VALUE-/170947698576?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27cd46df90#ht_405wt_1328

But this one looks pretty decent and is a sport.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-BMW-320d-M-SPORT-mv2-alloys-not-alpina-m3-diesel-turbo-/181037078504?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a26a697e8#ht_1496wt_1328

Both facelift and with the right extras. Not that im bothered lol, just wanted to show that you can get them. And also, i wasnt searching to prove anything, was looking at M3s and these popped up in with them

Hammer

10th Dec 12 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You seem awfully proud for someone that has bought a bent BMW that has done 140k miles.
daymoon
Premium Member

10th Dec 12 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First one will be a dog. second one is actually nice but 40 mpg? Must be ragged everywhere or something wrong with the car. I can get that in the 530!
kennySRi

10th Dec 12 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye the first was a bad example but the second one looks decent enough and could get it down to 2500 i reckon, and isnt damaged!

Aslong as you're happy then that's all that matters. I remember reading about that golf you bought and thought you were off your head but if you made money on it then im sure you know what you're doing this time. Either way its still a decent car for the money and will be an easy fix.
shaned12345

11th Dec 12 at 04:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 1st ones clocks defo read 200 and something k lol.
daymoon
Premium Member

11th Dec 12 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My hands are freezing!!!

[Edited on 11-12-2012 by daymoon]
Gareth T

11th Dec 12 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good.
_Allan_

11th Dec 12 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's in the parcel?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW 320D M Sport 22 database queries in 0.0196221 seconds