corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Newbie with possible lambda fault.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Newbie with possible lambda fault.
DaneGuy

User status: Offline
11th Dec 12 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I'm new on here, I've not actually got a corsa, but if just bought a tigra for the winter. Anyway hi..........

I thought this would be the best place to ask for advice as it seems a popular forum.

I bought the tigra, x16xe, it had been stood, it's very sluggish and hesitant through the rev range, no missing on idle or problems starting, no lights on dash etc. firstly I gave it a service including new plugs and leads, still the same. Tested the coil pack, sparking fine on every lead. So I made my mind up it was the lambda, I've disconnected it, and it drives alittle better but obviously not to its full potential. So would I be right in the diagnosis? Anyone had similar problems with lambda?

Cheers
Dane
iby

13th Dec 12 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lambda kicks in and starts working tbh when it gets warm. I would sa it's your MAF sensor. You can get the ECU checked (diagnostics) and it will give you a better insight of any stored problems.

I had same problem, changed the MAF twice to a used original, same problems. I bought a non-genuine NEW one and now works a treat.
DaneGuy

13th Dec 12 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, don't suppose you have a link to where I could get one? Didn't think the maf would effect this engine so badly
DaneGuy

13th Dec 12 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the x16xe had map sensor and c16xe had maf? Also it's doesn't miss on idle, and it drives alot better when cold
DaneGuy

13th Dec 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been to garage, been on snap on diagnostic and no fault codes, mechanic seems to think its the car that's blocked
GB123
Premium Member

13th Dec 12 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cat?

Easily solved, get a decat.
DaneGuy

14th Dec 12 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes cat sorry. I've ordered some pipe to make one myself. I really didn't think it would have such a detrimentle effect on performance. When you rev the car it feels like its got treacle in the engine it struggles that much even when you rev it on idle.
DaneGuy

23rd Dec 12 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick update, car removed, egr removed, new coil block, no fault codes, still hesitant upto 4k like its lost all its torque. Starts fine, idles fine, still crap on fuel, maybe it's fuel related problem?
alan t

23rd Dec 12 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried doing a compression test on it?
DaneGuy

24th Dec 12 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No not yet, I'm going to blank of egr first

New Poll