corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Interior Light Leaking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Interior Light Leaking
Cookieace

User status: Offline
18th Dec 12 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was in the car earlier and noticed the interior light dripping water while I was driving, I pulled the interior light out and put my hand up there and felt a little bit of water around the inside. My corsa also has a sunroof.

Is there any chance that it could be my ariel rubber has perished and it is leaking water?

What else can cause this to happen? Perished sunroof rubbers?

Cheers
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Dec 12 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're designed to leak to a point but allow the water to flow away down pipes inside the pillars. If those are blocked and overflow, that would find its way to the light.
Cookieace

18th Dec 12 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it is just a case of taking off the A and B pillars and unblocking the pipes? Or are the pipes under more stuff and what is the easiest way to unblock the pipes?
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Dec 12 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah pretty much

See the pipes inlets here - one in each corner of the sunroof mech. Few more pics of the roof without headliner so you can roughly see what you're up against without peeling too much back. Although it probably would be easier with it off.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=586846&page=2

Just start there and follow them down the pillars, can't remember where they end up, you may even sort it at the top end only or if you have an air line get that in there to blow them out.

[Edited on 18-12-2012 by Ian]
Cookieace

18th Dec 12 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can you unblock the pipes? get a pin down there?
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Dec 12 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No they're about 8mm bore internal so you'd something about that thick but they do come out which would be easier. I would think the joint between the sunroof mech and the top of the pipe will be more where a blockage is likely to be, may have even come off, I've seen them shear the fitting off sometimes as well, weight of the blocked pipe + vibration will snap the plastic stub.

[Edited on 18-12-2012 by Ian]
Cookieace

18th Dec 12 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh, ok cheers ian mate.

Will have to investigate when I have the time to take the rooflining out.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Dec 12 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah budget a bit of time for it, one of those jobs which you'll actually do quicker if you take it more apart.

New Poll