corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If your workplace is destroyed by fire.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If your workplace is destroyed by fire.....
Tiger

User status: Offline
29th Dec 12 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do you stand on getting paid?

My sisters workplace is currently burning down, there's no way any of it can be saved looking at the short video I saw of it. My sis is on maternity leave, her friend is also about to go on maternity leave.

They have an appaling recording of PAT testing, the fire alarm didnt go off apparently too (this could complicate the insurance?). The owner doesnt appear to be making much money so may well just shut down the company, or at least this is the general consensus with the other people my sis works with.

Anyone?
CORSA NUT

29th Dec 12 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like he couldn't afford either the Pat testing or the Fire insurance certification

Not good. Insurance = non existent or void IMO
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Dec 12 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he intends to close the company she would be redundant.

If he intends to continue trading I would guess you can insure against needing money for retainer wages although I can't imagine cover is a legal requirement so he may not have it.

So she'd presumably have to sue him for money he doesn't have and won't have for some time to come.

Can't see it going well really.

[Edited on 29-12-2012 by Ian]
Tiger

29th Dec 12 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagine it'll be option 1 based on what ive heard.
Gaz

29th Dec 12 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Company's should have DR (disaster recovery) for events such as this, but with your first post in mind, i doubt that will be in place.

I believe Ian's post is as plain and simple as it will get though however I'm not sure if the government have any schemes to help workers out in these cases (kinda like a loan to the company to pay you)

I guess it all goes down to the owner and his intentions.
Gaz

29th Dec 12 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd also like to say that my mrs is just about to come off Mat leave and even with my wage going into the pot (i'm the larger earner) we have struggled to fuck and it's put a whole load of stress onto us.
So I hope what ever happens she can still try to enjoy your niece/nephew.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » If your workplace is destroyed by fire..... 22 database queries in 0.0071859 seconds