corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thoughts on this purchase

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thoughts on this purchase
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
2nd Jan 13 at 07:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270964106350

Thinking about this for a while now, might come in useful.

I did get one of those smaller ones last year but never really used it, was a bit too faffy, that one looks a bit more automatic.
BeetleGav

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 13 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few of my mates have one, quite useful for what they catch.
BarnshaW

2nd Jan 13 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of interest can they actually be used in court? surely they dont show real speed or time or anything?
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Jan 13 at 07:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure you could use it to secure a conviction for speeding but in terms of proving your statement is accurate and credible I would think it would go a long way.
BarnshaW

2nd Jan 13 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be worth a go, looks pretty cheap and i can only imagine looks extremely nickable to criminals who think its something majorly expensive. Just think you might have a hard time proving anything with insurance companies even with evidence as bad as that is.
Nath

2nd Jan 13 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloke at work has one and recently tried to use the footage to stitch up a bus driver who 'pulled out in front of him'
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Jan 13 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's not going to go well for him when he is asked whether it was safe for him to stop and what he anticipated a bus would do shortly after stopping.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

2nd Jan 13 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are much smaller ones available and you just plug into your computer to view it. with an SD

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Jan 13 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want one now Although that one looks a bit of a monstrosity.
CORSA NUT

2nd Jan 13 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some nice ones in this months 'Conrad' magazine. It's like Maplins. There £50 & £90 for the 720p version.

Www.Conrad-uk.com
BYRON

2nd Jan 13 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few of our commercial clients use them. Has stopped fraudulent claims against their drivers on a few occasions, although the advice of their insurers was not to disclose this to any party on event of an accident - mainly because the 'crash for cash' syndicates change tactics once they know they are being filmed.
nibnob21
Premium Member

2nd Jan 13 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a similar one to that Ian. Footage quality and sound quality isn't great but I suppose it does the job. It's handy to just be able to plug it into the cigarette lighter and mount like a Satnav.

The little £7 one that a few people bought in the thread in geek day looks like it is much better quality, you just have the faff of having to mount it and have a power supply.

Also don't forget you will need to get a memory card too. My 8gb one gets around 2 hours worth of footage of continuous 2 minute loops.

MX5 Project Thread
Nath

2nd Jan 13 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
That's not going to go well for him when he is asked whether it was safe for him to stop and what he anticipated a bus would do shortly after stopping.

This is the same guy who rear ended somebody because 'they braked too hard'
John

2nd Jan 13 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would have to be a bit more discreet than that one.

I'd also always be worried that the only time it ever got used as evidence was the one time I was doing something I shouldn't have been.
shaunmods
Premium Member

2nd Jan 13 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been looking at the Blackvue ones after getting completely fucked over for a crash that wasn't my fault. Quite a lot of money but would be worth every penny if I were in the same situation again!
Andrew

2nd Jan 13 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If this was something i was using a lot, i'd get something a bit better. But that is the geek in me talking.

I've done between 25k and 30k per year over the past 5 years and i have never needed a recording camera. I always seem in a rush which is why people probably don't jump out in front of me.

One of my mates has had 3 accidents in the past couple of months. Maybe there's a bit of scaming going on...

Seems very over the top setting up camera's in your motor.

[Edited on 02-01-2013 by Andrew]
pow
Premium Member

2nd Jan 13 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shall be doing some rigging up in my car in the future.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Thoughts on this purchase 23 database queries in 0.0178418 seconds