corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Xe honing and bottom end build prices.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Xe honing and bottom end build prices.
*CorsaCal*

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 13 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above. Ive honed the bores on my XE but im sure it will need redoing as i have done the crosses far too close (if that makes sense) and ive heard this prematurely wears the piston rings. Also i dont get much time on my engine anymore so i was wondering if anyone had this done recently and knew a rough price on:
Honing the bores
Honing the bores and building the bottom end (ive got all the parts so itll be labour only)

Also if anyone knows of someone good and reliable local to the midlands thatll be helpfull.
Thanks.

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

2nd Jan 13 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know someone great down this way

I had honing, balanced crank, crank ground new bearings all round piston rings etc for £350

He originally quoted me £900 for the original rebuild I was going to do but I didn't have the money at the time. Which would have made it a 2.1 I believe.

Not sure how much labour is for building it all up but I'd budget well for it

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
tobyc20xe

2nd Jan 13 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take your block down to your local engine place and ask them to look it over to see if your work is ok and go around a few for prices ect. If the block is ok rebuilding the bottom end should only take a hour or two!

New Poll