corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Quick question about camber

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick question about camber
MrRodge

User status: Offline
4th Jan 13 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lowered the car and has some camber issues is just the case moving the shock in and out on the bottom bolt or getting camber bolts?
Many thanks
chrex

4th Jan 13 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

boggo suspension setups normally dont allow for camber adjustment. Noramlly only coilovers have the elongated holes. How low is it? you shouldnt have massive issues tbh.

[Edited on 04-01-2013 by chrex]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By camber issues do you mean uneven tyre wear? Have you had the tracking done since lowering it? If not, there's you're problem.
BenC1985

4th Jan 13 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said above depends how much its lowered. Best bet is to get it all checked at a tyre place on a tracking machine. I had mine looked at after i put some cheap fk coilovers off ebay on mine. Tracking and camber were a little out but not major,luckily my coilovers had elongated holes so the camber was adjustable. If your using fixed shocks i doubt you will be able to adjust the camber but you can still get the tracking looked at to save your tyres.
MrRodge

4th Jan 13 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tyres seem to be alright tbh, car is pretty low tbh but looking at it from head on , one side looks more negative then other, the coilovers are enlongated so just the matter undoing the bolt and moving the shock in wards a bit. Just dont want to much camber to start uneven tyre wear on the inner edge .
Rob E

4th Jan 13 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will never get it accurate by eye. You can buy a tool off ebay to set the camber up properly
BenC1985

4th Jan 13 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The place i go to uses a "hunter" alignment machine. Its awesome. I actually had mine set up once to factory specs and it drove fine,but with the offset of my wheels i ended up going back and having it set up at 1 degree negative so the tops of the tyres were within the arch. I know my tyres will wear on the insides buts its do much better to drive.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Quick question about camber 22 database queries in 0.0114400 seconds