corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Caching JavaScript content from other websites

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Caching JavaScript content from other websites
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jan 13 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One website I manage has to load some payment processor icons/information via a JavaScript file on the third party server.

The problem is, sometimes their stuff takes ages to load on the page or times out, resulting in the page not loading properly.

Is there a way of caching this script or the output it generates maybe?
ed

User status: Offline
13th Jan 13 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do this on a few sites using a bit of PHP - I check the age of a local copy of the script and if it's x seconds old I load a fresh version and save it, otherwise I load the local copy.

This is useful when you're loading a JSON Twitter feed because their site is bloody slow.

New Poll