corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fixing bonnet on

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fixing bonnet on
iby

User status: Offline
6th Feb 13 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

On my project corsa I have a bonnet to put on, and the bonnet hinges that usually be on the chassis are not present and neither is the slam panel.

What can I do to fix it on. Originally I don't really want bonnet pins and stuff but if that is the only way I will have to do that. I don't mind if the bonnet totally comes off when removing it as long as it stays there in the harshest of conditions.

What can I do to fix this bonnet on as car has no brackets for the hinges ?

Thanks
iby

6th Feb 13 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyones?
daine
Premium Member

6th Feb 13 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iby, is it on a road car or track car ?!?!? mate, if it's track I'd put four pin's, one in each corner!
but if it's to be a road car, I'd be looking at something at the back it could slot into and then Aero catches
on the front to keep in with MOT law's.

[Edited on 06-02-2013 by daine]
iby

6th Feb 13 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yo Daine!

Its a road legal track car lol. Fully stripped V6 Corsa should be around 260ish bhp.

I'm trying to think what I can slot bonnet into in all honesty. Is it illegal to have bonnet purely on pins on normal road?
iby

7th Feb 13 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ANyone?
daine
Premium Member

7th Feb 13 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know really iby, just know that your not aloud any sharp objects in front of the wind screen
MOT failure
your best bet would be to go an ask at a testing center

New Poll