corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Checking thermostat operation

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Checking thermostat operation
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Feb 13 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The heater in my Corsa takes an age to heat up (unless in traffic), and if it does heat up after I've been stationary/slow moving for a bit, then it goes cold again The temperature gauge on the dash also goes right to the bottom again after I've been moving for a few miles, so I was wondering if the thermostat is stuck open or something.

To check it am I right in thinking it's a case of take it off then put it in hot water to see if it opens? If so then is it easy enough to take off? The engine is a Z18XE.

Cheers

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll