corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sky Talk Issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sky Talk Issue
whitter45

User status: Offline
7th Feb 13 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been with Sky for over 7 years now and we did a house move to a different area last May and got issued a phone number

Then in September Sky issued my phone number to another customer who was doing a house move in our STD area. However if I call my mobile from my landline it shows with my number - its incoming calls that atre the issue.

They eventually resolved this after starting legal action becuase its against the law to issue a phone number thats allocated to a property. Now last weekend they have gone and done it again.

They got BT Openreach round which i advised them not to as its not a BT issue. The BT engineer yesterday confirmed this. Anyone else experienced this. Sky have gone really done in their service provision for their packages

[Edited on 07-02-2013 by whitter45]
John

7th Feb 13 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normally when the phone number has been given away that's it, you're lucky you got it back the first time.

If BT have any part in it there's a 90% chance it will go wrong and take 10x longer than it should.

Sky are terrible in general though, they massively messed up my install originally, even though I knew exactly what would happen from the first phone call and tried to pre-empt it.

You can phone up and moan at them but you're basically stuffed, I've wasted hours and hours for basically nothing with them time and time again.
taylorboosh

8th Feb 13 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats because you seem to think you know what your talking about, when in reality you know dick mate.. Its mainly people like you who think they know everything who caise engineers issues and problems with service providers.. also provision takes so long because they are crazy busy

Its probably an LLU line and sky will be providing their own broadband and dial tone. If the line works thats openreaches part done, assigning numbers etc is down to sky.
CORSA NUT

8th Feb 13 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have done the Install yourself John, easy peasy
taylorboosh

8th Feb 13 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nahh he would confuse himself by thinking he knew wtf he was on about
CORSA NUT

8th Feb 13 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No No No you don't understand. John can do everything in the world ever. Everyone needs a John around.

I'm sure he could be a Sky installer and do 10 installs a day, day in day out. I'm sure of it.
Dave

8th Feb 13 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Thats because you seem to think you know what your talking about, when in reality you know dick mate.. Its mainly people like you who think they know everything who caise engineers issues and problems with service providers.. also provision takes so long because they are crazy busy

Its probably an LLU line and sky will be providing their own broadband and dial tone. If the line works thats openreaches part done, assigning numbers etc is down to sky.

That's surprisingly knowledgeable, anybody would think you worked for BT.
John

8th Feb 13 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could easily move some wires about btw, so yes if I had access I could do my own line no bother.
taylorboosh

9th Feb 13 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok mate, bet you would star wire it to fuck and then blame sky your bb is shit
pow
Premium Member

9th Feb 13 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Installing a phone line IS a piece of piss though lol, it's two wires and it generally doesn't matter which way round it goes!
taylorboosh

9th Feb 13 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your assuming that..

A. There is plant available
B. The available plant is not faulty
C. The plant that doesnt test faulty can carry broadband

Its not a hugely difficult task once you know what your doing, but, average joe could not do it to standard.

Eck
Premium Member

9th Feb 13 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you still pretending you're not John-bt openreach installer-D?
taylorboosh

9th Feb 13 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No
Eck
Premium Member

9th Feb 13 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome back.
taylorboosh

9th Feb 13 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never left?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sky Talk Issue 22 database queries in 0.0120962 seconds