corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » skoda fabia noise from belt area ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author skoda fabia noise from belt area ?
edd1.0

User status: Offline
7th Feb 13 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello i'm going to view a skoda fabia 1.4 2001 plate tommorrow , but i have been told that there is a noise coming from the belt area

i am unsure as to weather it is a 8v or 16v model at the moment so it could be chain driven ?

i just want to know what i should look out for the diagnose the promblem? apparently the noise is only when at idle

any suggestions would be great thanks
andy_mk3

7th Feb 13 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It may or not have it, but a lot of the time belt noise is caused my a seized alternator slip-pulley on these VAG engines.
edd1.0

7th Feb 13 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks , ive looked into it , and it is a timing chain push rod engine so nothing to worry about there i dont think , yeh a few people have said that it could the alternator , would it cause a promblem with the running of the car ? . or if i get the car just replace it when it fails ? , thanks
tigra-tb

7th Feb 13 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what belt cam or auxiliary? if its the auxiliary chances are its the altornator pulley or sensioner if not the maybe the guides to the chain are worn
edd1.0

8th Feb 13 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there isnt a cam belt as its chain driving , apparently there also a push rod engine , im looking at the car tommorrow , if its the alternator at fault i will just use that to bargin with , car has only covered 33k since new so i hope its nothing major as it sounds like a good buy

New Poll