corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting a Service book re-stamped

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting a Service book re-stamped
dan_m1les

User status: Offline
14th Feb 13 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Morning,

Has anyone had to have a replaement service book re-stamped?

I stupidly lost my service book whilst sorting out the car/garage one weekend and have had to order a new one. The most annoying thing is, is that I know it will turn up once i've sorted this new one.

My question is is my car has full main dealer service but from two different Honda dealerships, about an hour away in different directions from before i had it. I've got the paperwork on them but with regardst oithe stamps is ti worth while driving to each garage or would you say ust going to my local one, which is jsut cown the road and askign them if they can re-stamp it?
John

14th Feb 13 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it an official replacement from a dealer? Will probably say replacement on it.
NovaGTE2

14th Feb 13 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had it done for Salvage BMW's in the past; what I generally do is ring the dealer where the most stamps are needed; buy teh book with them and get them to stamp it before they send it on to either you or if they will the next dealer.

They may need to see/scan a copy of your V5 and some ID to do it tho
dan_m1les

14th Feb 13 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is an officail replacement so will have a sticker in the back stating my reg no and that it is a repalcement.

I think I may just ring the dealers up and pop over to them on different days and get it sorted, there is no massive rush as i'll have hte car for a nother year or so.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting a Service book re-stamped 22 database queries in 0.0061779 seconds