corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Taking a turbo off a c20let?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Taking a turbo off a c20let?
Ricky352

User status: Offline
14th Feb 13 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just phoned a fella about car I'm going to look at today, has a 2.0 fitted from a Cav Turbo, but has the turbo removed. Should this be anything to worry about?

I've just never heard of it being done before.

Cheers
Nic Barnes

14th Feb 13 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be a low comp n/a drive completely flat. More than likely its just an xe and they're trying to kid on and Blag its awesome.
Ricky352

14th Feb 13 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you mean? It wouldn't run as well as a normal c20xe?

I've been put off the idea to be honest since phoning him and thinking about it. He told me the engine was removed from a 4X4 Turbo and only had 54k on it, but why on earth would you remove a low mileage engine from a Turbo?

Plus im unsure how that would work when trying to insure it, a c20let would be too dear, if thats what it would have to be labelled as, even though it doesn't have the turbo.

I'm off again tomorrow though so will think it through today.

Brett
Premium Member

14th Feb 13 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's enough cars about to not dick around with a potential lemon. I'd leave it, sounds too ambiguous.
Ricky352

14th Feb 13 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I agree Brett.
Nic Barnes

14th Feb 13 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its running as an n/a, a c20let is lower compression to begin with so will be really flat and probably pretty slow and lack response to drive compared to an actual 20xe
Ricky352

14th Feb 13 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
If its running as an n/a, a c20let is lower compression to begin with so will be really flat and probably pretty slow and lack response to drive compared to an actual 20xe

New Poll