corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help with transporting an untaxed/uninsured car in/around Crewe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help with transporting an untaxed/uninsured car in/around Crewe
Rob E

User status: Offline
18th Feb 13 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys,

I have my Mazda parked up in a garage in Crewe. It still has MOT but its SORN'd and has no insurance. I'm moving house at the end of this month and now need to move the car to the new garage. Obviously I don't want to retax and insure it just to move it a mile or two.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a company/person I can approach who can transport the car for me? If anyone local to Crewe or surrounding areas can recommend a local place I would be very grateful

Car is 100% road worthy and mobile but its just rather low which might rule out certain types of transport options
fazza

18th Feb 13 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try shiply.com

Ive used loads of times and always fairly cheap
Whittie

18th Feb 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where you moving it to mate? I could come over with Andy, he has trade insurance so should be covered? Going to Anfield Thursday, so could be done then?
antnee

18th Feb 13 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See if you can slip someone from a local garage £20 if they have trade insurance and plates to drive it
Rob E

18th Feb 13 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys,

Alex, Andy's insurance would do it but the tax would be a problem. It's also going to be the following week really. I need to finalise details with the new premisis first.

We have loads of sets of trade plates in my current work but its virtually impossible to gain access to them as they are in constant use 24/7 Good shout with asking a garage though, there is no harm in trying
Andrew

18th Feb 13 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Book in at a local garage for MOT and put on some day insurance.

Will end up costing you around £25

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help with transporting an untaxed/uninsured car in/around Crewe 22 database queries in 0.0474870 seconds