corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Criminal Record Issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Criminal Record Issue
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Feb 13 at 14:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an incident recorded under my name my the police that I wasn't actually involved in. Someone who bought an old car of mine has been tugged by the law and had a word with about smoking drugs in the car. I sold the car without a logbook as i'd lost it and ended up getting a fine for that but that's my bad, so the can was still in my name for a period of time after I sold it.

The driver also gave my details (name and DOB apparently) which i am unsure how they would know this unless i left an old insurance cert in the car, which sounds like something i'd do tbh.

My question is how do i go about having this rectified? Is it possible? I cant really prove it wasn't me as the officer wouldn't remember after 2 and a bit years what the driver looked like.
Whittie

20th Feb 13 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely you would have had to go to Court to have the record? You sure that you have one?
Gary
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just a note thats been put on my file. The guy prob just got cautioned on the spot.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cautions dont go on your record
Gary
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whatever it is, it's on my record. It's a note written on by an officer regarding the incident
LeeM

20th Feb 13 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a criminal record, but a police record. worth getting it sorted. notify your local station with proof from the dvla you sold the car and the new owners details. they may pursue the guy because hes commited a further offence by giving your details
Gary
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car would have been transferred to the next person after the incident happened though
Ben J

20th Feb 13 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its a caution, they expire after 5 years.
Gary
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldnt give a flying fuck, i dont want some shit on my record at all.

It came to light this morning in my Firearms Officer visit and he asked me about it. Obviously i had no idea what he was on about but i can 100% confirm that its recorded on their database.
Gary
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And its not a caution, its just information held about me
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
Cautions dont go on your record

They do, i have one for assault.

Aidan-Fleming

20th Feb 13 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have heaps of convictions lol including possession of firearm in a school, Ha! Who cares!!
Gary
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because i'm trying to get my shotgun certificate. This shit on my record could put a stop to that!
LeeM

20th Feb 13 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
The car would have been transferred to the next person after the incident happened though

so the car was in your name at the time, and you left enough personal stuff in the car to "prove" he was you? any proof at all that you'd sold the car?
Ben J

20th Feb 13 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a caution for theft at 18. Its expired and I don't ever have to mention it. I've been CRB'd about 50 times and its never been picked up.
Gary
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not picked up on CRB, its just polices personal record on me
Ben J

20th Feb 13 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
I got a caution for theft at 18. Its expired and I don't ever have to mention it. I've been CRB'd about 50 times and its never been picked up.

Just to add it ws theft of a traffic cone. I'm no thief.
Gary
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:
Originally posted by Gary

so the car was in your name at the time, and you left enough personal stuff in the car to "prove" he was you? any proof at all that you'd sold the car?

Sorry lee, missed your post. Yes i MAY have left something in there, i'll never know 100%.

The car was sold to a friend, who then sold it straight on as far as i am aware.

The only thing i can think of is if the car was pulled my a police car with a dash cam fitted the tape would prove my innocence but i doubt they keep tapes that long.
harrisp

20th Feb 13 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

But it would get picked up in a firearms/shotgun interview.
mwg

20th Feb 13 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cousin got locked up for punching someone about 4 years ago. Had his shotgun license taken off him. Got it back again now and rifle license so you must be able to get gun licenses even if you don't have a perfect record?

[Edited on 20-02-2013 by mwg]
Gary
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surprised he's been given a full firearms after that. Thought you needed a squeaky clean record. Ahh well i'm sure i'll find out if i get a rejection letter through the door
LeeM

20th Feb 13 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with no proof you'll really struggle.
mwg

20th Feb 13 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's definitely got it all legit. So it can be done.
Ben J

20th Feb 13 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cousin had a drink driving ban and kept his shotgun license.

Not sure if its quite the same tho.

[Edited on 20-02-2013 by Ben J]
Gary
Premium Member

20th Feb 13 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:

But it would get picked up in a firearms/shotgun interview.

EVERYTHING gets picked up Ben. Due to the nature of my job Ive given a lot of statments and been involved with the police as a 'victim of crime' and every one is on it, about 3 pages of them in total
Its an intelligence file the look at, not just convictions

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Criminal Record Issue 22 database queries in 0.0137839 seconds