corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » clutch cable snapped last night :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author clutch cable snapped last night :(
Aerox-lad

User status: Offline
25th Feb 13 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So after my post a couple of weeks ago about my biting point becoming lower and lower turns out my cable must have frayed a bit and stretched. But last night about 35 miles from home bang there she snapped. Luckily enough I had a mate with a towbar tow me home. Just wondered how difficult are they to fit? Apparently you can get 2 length cables for the 1.6 sport? My sai pump has been removed so there is a fair amount of room but it's behind the engine I'm worried about. Also if it helps it's a late 1999 v reg 1.6 sport. Thanks for any help.
ArdenAndy

25th Feb 13 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My clutch cable snapped on mine and it was easy to fit although i do have a 1.0 so have a lot more room to work with. Always easier if your engine isn't hot aswell cant help with the different length cables though sorry hope you get it sorted soon!
BenC1985

25th Feb 13 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See i told you to go get the cable changed. Lol I said i had my cable supplied and fitted for £40. That saved me alot of hassle you have just been through. There are two length cables but the only way to find what length it is would be to take your old one with you.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » clutch cable snapped last night :( 22 database queries in 0.0093880 seconds