corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car is chuffin blue smoke help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car is chuffin blue smoke help!
Mr-SEH

User status: Offline
1st Mar 13 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right car has been fine up till this morning started it up and started chuffin blue smoke light blue and on tick over even when warm its puffing out the back when driving I can't see anything. Engine is 2.0 8v just put head on with new head gasket valves lapped in New seals etc etc running fse fuel pressure up it last night from 2.5 to 3.0bar and I'm greeted with the smoke this morning any ideas? Still pulls and its not hard to start. Fast show is round the corner and I want it sorted! The engine is or was perfect bores are in very very good condition
Was thinking about checking for air getting in were it should not be
Check I have no blocked oil or breather pipes
And do compression test
Any more ideas?
Dave

1st Mar 13 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blue smoke = oil, for some reason you are burning it now. Normally points to worn rings or valves or a blockage in the breathers.
Mr-SEH

1st Mar 13 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well head has been on for around 200 miles, shall do compression test and lil jobs before I go about stripping it down. Tha is mate
fattaff

1st Mar 13 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from my experience of stripping down vaux engines mainly 16v recently is that the rings tend to be gummed up and stuck with carbon/oil making them next to useless,pistons can be removed and rings degunked with thinners or solvent and careful with tootbrush or renew rings?? depending how tight fisted u r,but new best,plus the dreaded valve guide wear !!
do wet and dry compression test to try to diagnose top or bott end ?? chris
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Mar 13 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like Valve stem oil seals to me if its doing it on idle. Mine was the same with my old head.
Mr-SEH

1st Mar 13 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks lads but with old head on never missed a beat or smoked always let it warm up before I played, now I have 18e head on less that 200 miles ago all cleaned up new seals the lot and I'm running fse fpr I'm going to check all hoses and replaced fse with standard fpr if smoke is still there after all that, and I've done the compression test then ill strip it down.

Cheers dudes
Mr-SEH

1st Mar 13 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lil update headgasket has gone raised compression to much lol
davegreen
Premium Member

1st Mar 13 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did you do to raise com ratio? skimed block or head? you could try a metal head gasket. sure they are availble for the 8v?
Mr-SEH

1st Mar 13 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Using the 18e head on Seh mate raises comp and has bigger valves shorter chambers and inlet ports are 39mm iall the way through  suppose to add around 15 bhp with the 18e head inlet and twin butterfly throttle body, and fast show is around the corner I'm going to just run my old ported head as I never had a problem with that, just have to hopefully find all parts tomorrow as its also my daily!
davegreen
Premium Member

2nd Mar 13 at 06:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rasied comp ratio may also show up a problem with the rings on thier way out. if your going back to the origanal head you should be ok. if you do use the 18e head then i'd do the rings and hone the bores along with a metal head gasket and new head bolts.
Mr-SEH

2nd Mar 13 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea mate gone back to old stuff, just wanted a few more ponys for fast show to be honest, head is back on just need to put the rest back together and she should be a winner! Thanks for your help mate
Generation

3rd Mar 13 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why for fast show? Is it seeing action whilst there
Mr-SEH

3rd Mar 13 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wanted to take it up the strip and get dyno run see what gains it gave me before it goes away as Im building a 5door v6

New Poll