corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tax helpp

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tax helpp
corsayoung

User status: Offline
1st Mar 13 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking for help, i'm a long time browser not an often poster.

I recently purchased a used car in Jan 2013, i still have not recieved the (V5C) document from the DVLA so rang them where i was told they havn't recieved the bit from where i purchased it from...so shall have to fill out a (V62) i believe to optain my copy of a V5C

However the car tax run out yesterday... and i'm aware i could use the (V5C/2) document at a post office to be stamped, however i have lost / misplaced / eaten the most recent MOT certificate too.

So am i right in thinking i can go to any MOT centre and use the New Keeper slip - V5C/2 Doc Ref Number and they will be able to print out the latest MOT for me? If so all? For a £10 charge?

Or if there is anyone able to help out using some special contacts and machinery that you may have?

If so and i can get it, do i then use the MOT, New Keepers and (V10) Document [Apply for Tax Disc]?

Thanks

[Edited on 01-03-2013 by corsayoung]
Corsa_Sport21

1st Mar 13 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you can get a duplicate with the V5C ref number.

The you can get tax with the new keepers slip/mot cert/insurance cert. Then send off the new keepers slip and get the full V5.

Have you contacted the seller to see if he has sent the V5 away??
corsayoung

1st Mar 13 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Yes you can get a duplicate with the V5C ref number.

Looking online though you can check MOT etc, using my Reg and the Ref Doc number it only shows up the 2010/2011 test, at the bottom of the page it does say... there are later tests with a different Reference Number. However... i have a copy of the 2011/2012 test here, where it says there are later tests after this with a different test number... but why doesnt the Ref number show this then?. Im thinking that somewhere along the line the Ref Number doesnt relate to the same car? Would the reference number bring up all the tests at an MOT station?

quote:
The you can get tax with the new keepers slip/mot cert/insurance cert. Then send off the new keepers slip and get the full V5.

Okay sweet

quote:
Have you contacted the seller to see if he has sent the V5 away??

Yeaa i rang up the place i got it from on Wednesday regarding the V5 where he assured me it had been sent off as "he was the one that deals with this stuff", something was always fishy about that place anyway as i hadn't actually signed the new owners bit they sent off.. or filled in any of my details infact, as they bought the car to me with just the new keepers bit, where i paid just amount due after deposit. Did question it at the time too now i recall.

Thankkss!

Corsa_Sport21

1st Mar 13 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, not 100% sure on the 1st part. Very weird. Only thing i can think of, is that everytime the V5C is issued to a new keeper, the document reference number maybe changes. That would suggest you have been given an old green slip and the car has been registered a few more times. Probably not though as i wouldn't imagine they change the ref number each time its issued to a new keeper.

Did you see the full V5 at any point when you went to see the car??
corsayoung

1st Mar 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Hmm, not 100% sure on the 1st part. Very weird. Only thing i can think of, is that everytime the V5C is issued to a new keeper, the document reference number maybe changes. That would suggest you have been given an old green slip and the car has been registered a few more times. Probably not though as i wouldn't imagine they change the ref number each time its issued to a new keeper.

Did you see the full V5 at any point when you went to see the car??

Yup saw the V5 document. It was a small van hire place i got it from and we did intend to purchase the car there and then as i live about 100 miles away, but decided we would wait till later in the week so a few things could be done to it.

Thats the strange thing though about the V5, surely the ref number would link to the latest MOT online
pow
Premium Member

1st Mar 13 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just tax it online.
Corsa_Sport21

1st Mar 13 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a look here at the Help FAQ section, Q3....
http://www.ukmot.com/check%20MOT%20online.asp

Yep, it would seem you have been given the green slip from an old V5C.

I would be very concerned now.
Corsa_Sport21

1st Mar 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Just tax it online.

And have the tax disc go to some1 else's house.
pow
Premium Member

1st Mar 13 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh yeah, didn't think of that... At least it'll be taxed lol
corsayoung

1st Mar 13 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what step do you think i should take?

Contact the DVLA immedietly and ask if i can tax the car through them whilst on the phone as im clearly going to have to wait X amount of weeks for the new V5 documentation? During this time i won't be able to drive...

The facts are i know there is an MOT on the car as it says so when i enter the MOT number into the site that expired in Nov 2012 "There are later tests for this vehicle under a different Test Number"

Totally confused!

Corsa_Sport21

1st Mar 13 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you see/have the current mot??

You won't be able to tax the car with the green slip either as it sounds like its more than 1 year old (can use it at the P.O within 6 months, or at a DVLA office within 1 year to tax the car).

I would deffo be in touch with the DVLA and also the garage you bought the car from.

[Edited on 01-03-2013 by Corsa_Sport21]
corsayoung

1st Mar 13 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Did you see/have the current mot??

I am prety sure i saw the latest MOT certificate at some point, and i have just misplaced it.

If i entered the one that expired in 2012 as said above it would suggest that there are more tests shown under a new ref number, but it only shows up to 2012..

Corsa_Sport21

1st Mar 13 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That might not mean it has a valid mot though, could have been tested and failed.
corsayoung

1st Mar 13 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That might not mean it has a valid mot though, could have been tested and failed.

Pretty sure i did see it though. All very very iffy!

Best plan of attack to contact DVLA tomorrow then, if i remember on my old car the DVLA sent me a new V5 as so many got stolen or something so as a security measure they sent out new ones that were different colours. I'm hoping this is the simple mistake and the new document was never recieved, and its just passed down and down.

So call them up explain, i have the older v5 new keepers document i believe, and need a new one.. but also need to tax the car? How am i going to do that then now :\ grrrr!!!!

What should i say to the bloke at the place i got it from, ehmm can you have a look for a proper v5 this time, as said maybe genuinally thats all he was given?
Corsa_Sport21

1st Mar 13 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would call them up and explain the situation. Tell them the place you bought the car from sent the documents away but must have been lost in the post, and all you have is a green slip which you suspect to be an old 1.

As for tax, your pretty much screwed for now i think. DVLA will probably write to whoever is the current reg'd keeper to confirm they no longer own the car.
corsayoung

1st Mar 13 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I would call them up and explain the situation. Tell them the place you bought the car from sent the documents away but must have been lost in the post, and all you have is a green slip which you suspect to be an old 1.

As for tax, your pretty much screwed for now i think. DVLA will probably write to whoever is the current reg'd keeper to confirm they no longer own the car.

Thought as much! So its the sellers responsibilty to make sure the car is not in there name isn't it and details have been changed. However... as it was a van rental place and i think they just got it in to sell on, i don't think they would of changed it from the keeper then got the car off?
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

1st Mar 13 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get an MOT duplicate if you havent the current certificate.

Fill in a V62, and a V10 form.
Take the forms, new keeper slip, MOT & Insurance to your closest DVLA office.

They'll issue you a tax disc and process the logbook application.
Corsa_Sport21

1st Mar 13 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Above won't work.
corsayoung

1st Mar 13 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Above won't work.

how come? Cause it will be dodgey as old V5 i guess?
Archie
Premium Member

1st Mar 13 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you can pay £25 and dingy the new keeper slip.

It will work, had to do it for a work colleague today.
corsayoung

1st Mar 13 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
Get an MOT duplicate if you havent the current certificate.

Fill in a V62, and a V10 form.
Take the forms, new keeper slip, MOT & Insurance to your closest DVLA office.

They'll issue you a tax disc and process the logbook application.

And im not sure i can get a duplicate with the documents i have.
The V5C/2 bit i have when doing online checks only goes up to the MOT expiry 2012, says there are newer tests under different Ref Number... so V5 ref has changed :\

Plus the V5/C i have is an older one it would suggest.

Archie
Premium Member

2nd Mar 13 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well as far as i can make out you are fucked then.

You'll need to apply for the V5 (£25)
Wait on it arriving, get the car MOT'd and then tax it.
corsayoung

2nd Mar 13 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
Well as far as i can make out you are fucked then.

You'll need to apply for the V5 (£25)
Wait on it arriving, get the car MOT'd and then tax it.

Well good news...

Managed to tax the car without the MOT certificate as luckily my parents know the local post master in the village so she did it without the MOT cert as apparently it shows on the system anyway if it is tested or not.

She also said it is a simple case of just sending off the V52/C bit with a V62 form and case of waiting.. so what turned out to be an issue now seems not that bad.

Would just appear when the V5's all got changed for a different colour the last owner must of forgot / didnt recieve / forgot and carried on using the old one..

Thanks all for your help anyway!
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Mar 13 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wonder how she managed to put it through the system though with a green slip that's over 6mths old. You need to scan the barcode on it. And i would imagine the computer would pick up on it and not let it go any further/put it on the system.
richardworrall
Premium Member

2nd Mar 13 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

post offices have ways of cheating the system, ours does 'special favours' for us sometimes.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tax helpp 22 database queries in 0.0233071 seconds