corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Assassins Creed 4 - Black Flag announced

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Assassins Creed 4 - Black Flag announced
jacko198

User status: Offline
4th Mar 13 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I84VBoGrdoI&sns=em

Will be on PS3 and PS4

Looks good! Think it's a fresh change to the last few which have got Quite boring.

Sorry if a repost
LeeM

4th Mar 13 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Main character is Conor's grandad isn't it? Same story arc as number 3, more fucking pirate ships which IMO nearly ruined 3. Ill be in no rush
jacko198

4th Mar 13 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

As you can see from the trailer below, Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag is a marked departure from the series so far: for one, it appears you’ll spend most of your time on the Caribbean seas. You play swashbuckler Edward Kenway, father of Assassin’s Creed 3 villain Haytham Kenway – you’ll be taking on pirates of legend like Black Beard, while carrying out hits and even hunting wales.
Assassin’s Creed 4 will also be the first game in the series not to star present day’s Desmond Miles – that and all of the sea exploration suggests this will be a very different game to Assassin’s Creed 3, which received mixed reviews on release late last year.

Ubisoft says that Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag will be launched later this year on current consoles, and the PS4 – and we’re guessing the only reason it didn’t mention the next Xbox is because Microsoft has still yet to announce it. What do you make of it?

sc0ott

4th Mar 13 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking forward to the one where they go right back to the beginning as mentioned on ac3. If ac4 is anything like ac3 it will be shit.
LeeM

4th Mar 13 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every time there was a bit in a boat on ac3 I nearly gave up completely. Fucking dog shit addition. Defo swerving 4
sc0ott

4th Mar 13 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The storey line was garbage, there was too many glitches, didnt even get to kill most of the main baddies instead you watched some crap video of conor doing it and running through the snow took forever as did traveling through the map in general
Balling
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 07:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got this yesterday, anyone else playing it?

It's more or less a 3rd person Far Cry 3 clone with parkour.

About 10% in so far and really digging it. Haven't played an AC game since the first, and never got properly in to that.

dannymccann

6th Jan 14 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm waiting for it to get cheap, I find AC games a bit repetitive, didn't bother with 3 (might get that first tbh)
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 08:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's anything like farcry then it's gotta be good. Might be worth a look
Brett
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a go of whichever the latest one was on xbox one, just seemed to be travelling around in a boat a lot with some guy singing
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watched some game play. It looks epic.
Balling
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't comment on how it holds up in the long run, but I found i quite good for the hours I spent on it yesterday.

I don't mind the sailing bits at all. Seems well implemented. So far it's only been 10% or so of the game as well.

Exploring cities seems to be the main point.

Stealth gameplay is pretty good, though I've been spotted a few times due to annoying bugs, but I guess that's something you kind of have to expect from a game of this size.

Balling
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst bit is, coming from Shadow Fall, Black Flag is a bit of a letdown visually.

But then nothing rivalled Killzone for visuals on the previous gen, so it's not surprising.

Gary
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just finished SC Blacklist which was nothing amazing tbh so this looks awesome compared.

I like the fact creed fans aren't liking it as i hate the rest of them.
Balling
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary

Like I said, only played the first and didn't enjoy it much, but there are definitely some (a lot of) common traits.

What did you hate about the previous games?

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Playing it currently map is huge but sailing covers the most part. I just keep doing all the islands then moving on.
Gary
Premium Member

6th Jan 14 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:

Like I said, only played the first and didn't enjoy it much, but there are definitely some (a lot of) common traits.

What did you hate about the previous games?

Repetition and general boringness. I can't really explain tbh. It just didn't grab me.
sc0ott

6th Jan 14 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brotherhood was by far the best one.
tom130691
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 07:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got this just after xmas completed the main missions in 4-5 days,

think ive over played it now,
cant beat the legendary boats and it annoys me
Balling
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Repetition and general boringness. I can't really explain tbh. It just didn't grab me.
Pretty much my experience with the first one.

RichR
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 10:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I enjoyed this one; all completed by Christmas. I wasn't a fan of AC3 at all and still haven't completed it but I enjoyed Black Flag a lot.
RichR
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691

Have you fully upgraded the Jackdaw? Also, have you got used to using all of the different weapons fitted to the boat as you need to use all your fire power. I've beaten them all but the most difficult was the two boats together; I kept defeating one and then immediately dying as the second just starts to ram you - I found the best way to run the health of both ships down to minimum first and then kill one with mortar and the other with cannons.
RichR
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
Every time there was a bit in a boat on ac3 I nearly gave up completely. Fucking dog shit addition. Defo swerving 4

I hated the boats in AC3 but it works much better in AC:BF.
Balling
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The "Second Screen" feature is pretty slick as well.

Using your tablet as a game map, showing real time location, is completely impractical, yet feels mighty cool.

[Edited on 07-01-2014 by Balling]

tom130691
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
quote:
Originally posted by tom130691

Have you fully upgraded the Jackdaw? Also, have you got used to using all of the different weapons fitted to the boat as you need to use all your fire power. I've beaten them all but the most difficult was the two boats together; I kept defeating one and then immediately dying as the second just starts to ram you - I found the best way to run the health of both ships down to minimum first and then kill one with mortar and the other with cannons.

one away on side cannons, and one away on ram strength, got the one located in the bottom left of the screen pretty low but i died first,

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll