corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Working from home

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Working from home
Munchie

User status: Offline
7th Mar 13 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who does it? Like it compared to office?

Cheers
Conway563

7th Mar 13 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do pretty much full time
Prefer it due to my office being full of miserable unsociable cunts with no interaction skills and it fits around the school runs
Looking forward to new job starting so I can get back to some human interaction though
Munchie

7th Mar 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easy to motivate yourself? Save more £?
Sam
Premium Member

7th Mar 13 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Munchie
Easy to motivate yourself?

No

quote:
Save more £?

Yes
Balling
Premium Member

7th Mar 13 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do once in a while.
I'm allowed to work more or less as much from home as I want, but do find that motivation isn't always easy to find.

I mostly use it as a way of taking half a day off.

Jay

7th Mar 13 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you doin now? Wish I could work from home
micra_pete
Premium Member

8th Mar 13 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work from home between 2 and 5 days every week and have done for the past three years, here's my take.

It will really depend on your sort of job to how well it will work.

I'm the only person in my company who does the job I do, I have a busy work load, often work 12/13 hour days. But this means if I doss off and get distracted I only put more pressure on myself the next day. If your job isn't very busy you'll get distracted and work wont get done.

For the first 6 months you'll probably do a lot of wanking.

You'll miss people. I try to get into the office at least once a week to talk to people or I work at a colleagues house for a few hours a week.

People will judge you based on their own jobs 'working for home' is a bit of a joke sometimes.

Its tempting to work late / weekends because the line between your work and office become blurred.

The more you do it, the easier it becomes.

I love it, if i'm not rushed I can slide my working hours around. I can go to school things with my son, pick him up, run the occasional errand. But its not for everyone.
Munchie

20th Jan 14 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am now doing this for proper ha
pow
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just make sure the lines don't become blurred!
DaveyLC

20th Jan 14 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work from home.. Its pretty dire at first as you miss the work place banter (Assuming you're not a social retard)..

However its only got better over-time You've also got to be careful you don't do too many hours, its hard to know when to stop when you're on your tod
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hate it, whenever I have to do it - I get nothing done, but get a really clean house...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Dom

20th Jan 14 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
Easy to motivate yourself?

No

quote:
Save more £?

Yes

This!
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Jan 14 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do quite a bit from home, in fact I'd stay there in preference to travelling to a cold and dirty workshop.

I'd do it more if I could. But then I also don't care if I ended up working all day every day and most of the night. Might feel different if it was for someone else and not my own gig.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

20th Jan 14 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish my body shop was on the same land as my house

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Daimo B

20th Jan 14 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do it also. I have a very odd shift pattern combining nights, weekend days, and going to London 1 week in 4.

I love working from home. I do 12/13 shifts all night. I get bored sometimes, but I have toys to keep me entertained (I.e tv, playstation etc). My Blue Ray collection has vastly increased.

It really depends on the shifts. If it was 9-5 every weekday it wouldn't be so good and I'd struggle, but I'd still take it any day over going into the city.

Save muchos on travelling (even better I get mine paid still for the city), easy to do your own food and not having to go out to buy it. Again saves loads.

If you do a dodgy shift pattern like me too, you get shed loads of time off work

Motivation = Do I want to keep my job. That should be enough really. If you've got a bastard boss, its enough incentive to stay on the ball, but you do have "i can't be arsed" days.

I don't do more than needed though. Unless im stuck on the phone, as soon as my shift is over, I turn off the laptop, go upstairs and climb straight into bed

According to Davey, im a social retard though, as I would far prefer to be in at home than out with a bunch of people I don't really like and are not my actual friends. I only consider work folk, associates
whitter45

21st Jan 14 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Who does it? Like it compared to office?

Cheers

I work from Home if I have something I need to focus on as I get too side tracked with day to day stuff if i am in the office

Prefer to be in the office though - its easier to keep up with the company politics also if you are in the office

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Working from home 23 database queries in 0.0141709 seconds