corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » coilovers have completely screwed alignment

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author coilovers have completely screwed alignment
Smrf_

User status: Offline
8th Mar 13 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitted coilovers yesterday and went and got it aligned today at kwikfit, their fancy machine couldnt do it so they did it by eye the best they could and it's pretty undriveable, the front left has apparently unfixable toe and I've lost most steering lock when turning left. Before the alignment there was about 3 degrees of toe out on either side, now the right is almost straight and the left has like 2 degrees toe out.

theyre raceland coilovers about 50mm down with the camber set to 0 if that matters at all
unless anyone has any suggestions theyre coming off tomorrow..
davegreen
Premium Member

8th Mar 13 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it some where who can actually set tracking and get the steering centralised.
vauxhallMADlee

8th Mar 13 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't really matter how cheap the coilys are tbh if they knock your alignment out it can still be put right on a alignment ramp. Iv never heard of coilys knocking toe out that it can't be put right its pritty immposible! Whoever didyour car doesn't know what there doing, id try somewhere else mate
Mertin

10th Mar 13 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it to a garage that isn't full of tyre fitters /wannabe mechanics
I'd reccomend a garage that has the hunter 4 wheel laser alignment, that will sort it and give you a print out showing all before and after measurements
Smrf_

10th Mar 13 at 03:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what my local kwikfit have, they couldnt calibrate the machine for some reason, ive sorted it now anyway, i didnt do the camber properly in the first place, everything they did they were working against full camber on one wheel, dont know how they didnt notice that, wont be going there for alignment again anyway plus they didnt charge me so thats alright.
AlexW

10th Mar 13 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to say, Sounds like the camber is out on one side.

A decent place would check the camber along with the tracking, as you want the camber right too!

New Poll