corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Throttle Body's on C20xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Throttle Body's on C20xe
SJH Bodyworks

User status: Offline
27th Mar 13 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about buying the kit of Jenvey motorsport, but am not sure what the outcome will be.

I currently have a Corsa B and as by the title it is a c20xe, It has has cams, chipped, etc and various other bits done to the engine but to cut a long story short was rolling roaded at 174bhp.

What will the throttle bodies bring to the table do you get more bhp or is it just sheer acceleration improvement.

Any opinions or warnings off doing this please.
jay.jay

27th Mar 13 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a search through some of the project threads on here pal, there's a couple of TB'D xe's. most of them have rolling road printouts and stuff that could help give an idea of the improvement
SJH Bodyworks

27th Mar 13 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks. Never even thought about that
jay.jay

27th Mar 13 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No problem, only reason I thought of it is because I'm in the same situation for my x16xe haha
SJH Bodyworks

27th Mar 13 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah just found one thread Username POSSY but he seems to have dine one hell of alot and is running 200bhp but the problem i have as do not know what has all been done too the car but was rollig roaded a 174 definetly got cams and chip think it has limited slip diff too but thats back to my problem i dont know whats involved in doing this and if its been done
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Mar 13 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitting throttle bodies is pretty easy. Unbolt your inlet manifold, bolt on the new one. Remove the standard loom and ECU, swap it for a aftermarket one, I had MBE on mine. Then get it mapped.

Stuff that need uprating will be rod bolts, oil pump, and valve retainers, or they will break after a lot of high RPM.

Your best bet is find a 2nd hand set up, which will set you back over a grand.

Mine had about 190 BHP, and went and sounded like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDMUnHnE6Y4

New Poll