corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Looking for an inlet

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Looking for an inlet
Moulton86

User status: Offline
   29th Mar 13 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys im lookin for an uprated inlet for my 1.6 sport. Its been chipped and remapped to 140bhp will this affect it?
corsa-torque

29th Mar 13 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have a chip and a remap?
That's put your power up 35bhp?

Why not Add a power box inlet and make it 200bhp
BenC1985

29th Mar 13 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I highly doubt it is chipped and remapped. One or the other. And you would struggle to get that even with an uprated inlet too.
Moulton86

29th Mar 13 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was meant to say 130 bhp, been on rilling road
corsa-torque

29th Mar 13 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still find that hard to believe tbh, got a pic of the graph?
BenC1985

29th Mar 13 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have no other mods and its superchipped/remapped then i doubt you would get a 20bhp gain. Its known that a x16xe with a better inlet and cat back exhaust can get about 130bhp. Id love to see the graph to prove it.
csifku

29th Mar 13 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got corsa sport, wiv 130 bhp , 4-2-1 manifold, VX inlet , sport air filter and beautiful exhaust system ...
Moulton86

29th Mar 13 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol y do i need to prove it? I aint gna bullshit got no need. Its chipped which ive seen and was told it had to b mapped ar same time to cope with chip, ive only had the car 4 weeks, what is the normal top speed on a 1.6 sport?
Moulton86

29th Mar 13 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do normal sports hammer civic type rs? Fiesta sts? Thid is my first corsa
corsa-torque

29th Mar 13 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sign up to a forum full of Corsa owners with claims of over the top bhp figures.
We all know what works and what doesn't, and to claim a chipped ecu and a remap has given you 20+ bhp.

If your not bullshitting then where's the harm in posting a dyno graph?
BenC1985

29th Mar 13 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it is thst power with only a chip AND remapped then you would show us the graph. We might all learn something new if you show us.lol
tobyc20xe

30th Mar 13 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the c16xe (gsi engine) but it could be done with a real remap..dout this lad had though...

[Edited on 30-03-2013 by tobyc20xe]
Moulton86

30th Mar 13 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All i can say is thts the figures i was told by previous owner, ive seen the chip and was goin to take it out but was told at the garage it would need to be remapped again as the engine wud have been mapped when the chipped was installed on the ecu, as for the ppl who like to gobshite to me on here giv ya heads a wonble, i was only after some advice not sarky arse chav comments
BenC1985

30th Mar 13 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chav comments? Coming from someine who types like a chav? Get a grip. As someone said it is a site for corsa owners and most of the people on this site know what mods will give certain power figures. And we know its not really possible to remap a corsa AND chip it and get 130bhp with no other mods. Sorry you have taken some of it the wrong way but we are trying to tell you FACTS not bullshit from a previous owner or garage. Someone on here DID install an OPD inlet with a cat back exhaust on a x16xe and got 130bhp so we know that figure is possible with the right mods but as you cant state whats been done or prove it of course we will doubt you. And as for keeping up with a type r and fiesta st i doubt that highly.
monkeytwizzel

30th Mar 13 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All we are asking is show the graph and tell about the mods that have been done as the power figures are somewhat impressive for that engine,most people on here are technicians,mechanics and know are jobs well.
csifku

30th Mar 13 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BenC1985
Chav comments? Coming from someine who types like a chav? Get a grip. As someone said it is a site for corsa owners and most of the people on this site know what mods will give certain power figures. And we know its not really possible to remap a corsa AND chip it and get 130bhp with no other mods. Sorry you have taken some of it the wrong way but we are trying to tell you FACTS not bullshit from a previous owner or garage. Someone on here DID install an OPD inlet with a cat back exhaust on a x16xe and got 130bhp so we know that figure is possible with the right mods but as you cant state whats been done or prove it of course we will doubt you. And as for keeping up with a type r and fiesta st i doubt that highly.
\

nobody is against you man. Just to them all u said sounds impossible, anyway nothing is impossible so there maybe something that all of them have never seen and that might be ur car and ur bhp .. )) i can say that people of my town in my country made a LPG (gas system) for diesel engine. THey wont believe but i dont have photos to show. However hope u get my point ..
Moulton86

30th Mar 13 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt it will keep up with type rs? My mate got an 04 plate type r and cant keep up with the corsa that i no for a fact, im unsure of ehat else has been done to the car as i said its my first corsa dont no much about them, all i no is 0-60 takes just over 4 seconds and you cn clock it, is this normal? I dont no
Moulton86

30th Mar 13 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can someone who os actually a sound person mail me n tell me how to upload pics, will upload one of the engine
csifku

30th Mar 13 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Moulton86
Doubt it will keep up with type rs? My mate got an 04 plate type r and cant keep up with the corsa that i no for a fact, im unsure of ehat else has been done to the car as i said its my first corsa dont no much about them, all i no is 0-60 takes just over 4 seconds and you cn clock it, is this normal? I dont no

why dont u upload some photos of ur engine bay , its ot hard to do it and we goin to know what we are talkin about ) original inlet on x16xe is restricted, ... what engine u got ? x16xe or c16xe ??
Moulton86

30th Mar 13 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive not got a clue mate lol, i literally no nout bout corsas, how do u upload mate?
Moulton86

30th Mar 13 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[img][/img]
BenC1985

30th Mar 13 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way does it do 0-60 in just over 4 seconds. Your off your head. That is a bog standard 1.6 sport with a gay filter on it.
Moulton86

30th Mar 13 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ur a muppet lol, cn u upload videos? Ill record it ya fuckin prick
BenC1985

30th Mar 13 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No need to get like that with me. Ive been driving vauxhalls for over ten years so id say i know more than you. Your corsa WONT do 0-60 in just over 4 seconds. I bet bigrons doesent even do that and its 650bhp.lol Im tylrying to tell you the TRUTH that you will struggle to get the power your claiming with a standard engine running a cone filter. If you want to call me names do it, its like water off a ducks back to me because i know what im talking about.
BenC1985

30th Mar 13 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Moulton86
Ive not got a clue mate lol, i literally no nout bout corsas, how do u upload mate?

So you admit you know nothing about corsas but then call ME a muppet. Just carry on making stuff up and getting laughed at by people who know what they are talking about.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll