corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x10xe to x16xe conversion.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x10xe to x16xe conversion.
williamcorsa

User status: Offline
1st Apr 13 at 03:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, i've decided that i'm going to do a 1.6 16v conversion in my 1.0 corsa. The 1.6 will be from a corsa sport, but i'm having slight issues getting my head around the wiring and what i need to do. Am i right in saying that theres 2 looms that attach to the ecu, one is the car loom that comes from the bulkhead and the other is the engine loom? I'm also wanting to keep the ecu in the engine bay so it saves any hassle having to relocate wires etc. How do i go about attaching the existing 1.0 car loom to the 1.6 ecu as from my understanding the 1.0 car loom plug in the engine bay is completely different from the car loom plug in a 1.6 sport. Would i be correct in saying that if i was to cut the car loom plug off the 1.6 sport and also cut the plug from the 1.0 car loom in the engine bay i could just match up and connect the wires from the 1.6 car loom plug to the remaining 1.0 car loom and connect it to the ecu then plug the 1.6 sport engine loom into the ecu and wire up engine loom to the engine or is it alot more difficult than that? I don't want to go through the torture of changing the dash loom or to just get a 1.6 sport as the shell/chassis on this car is mint.

Cheers guys
davegreen
Premium Member

1st Apr 13 at 06:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cut plenty of wire off with the 1.6 body loom plug so you have enough to play with. should work fine although i would swap dash looms so no cutting/soldering of wires and be like factory fitted. you will need the transponder and key chips for the 1.6, also i think you need to change the fuel pumps as the 1.0 is to small.
craig55

1st Apr 13 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As dave said fuel pump is ok though as all mpi pumps are the same
AlexW

1st Apr 13 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Putting the ecu in the engine bay is a stupid idea. It'll last 5mins before dying due to the heat and moisture.

Do it properly, put it inside.

Where abouts in the country are you?
williamcorsa

1st Apr 13 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for all the comments guys, Would it be possible to just extend the wires from the engine bay into the drivers side kick panel?

New Poll