corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.7td corsa b's

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.7td corsa b's
beany113

User status: Offline
18th Apr 13 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it just me that are starting to want one of these more and more i see them? i know the power isnt amazing, but there good on fuel, the engine bays can look epic and seems like a cheap way to have a turbo?? anyone else wanna put there penny's worth in??

[Edited on 18-04-2013 by beany113]
deano87

18th Apr 13 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't know there was the 1.7TD in the B? Thought it came in with the C, first the 1.7Di, then DTi, then CDTi.

Thought the B only came with 1.5D and 1.5TD?
beany113

18th Apr 13 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the b came with the 1.5 but the 1.7 is an easy conversion from what i read. i just love the look of the engine bay and was wondering how hard it would be to get a pleasurable amount of power out of one lol
djgritt
Premium Member

18th Apr 13 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

B comes with a 1.7D also.

Been considering buying one and doing a swap to TD myself...
beany113

18th Apr 13 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
B comes with a 1.7D also.

Been considering buying one and doing a swap to TD myself...

thanks for that!! im also thinking about it, i just would like to know more about the power side of things is anbody able to tell me a little more info about these? anyone had a little play about with the engine??

beany113

18th Apr 13 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.duckmanton.net/corsa/isuzu.php

this shows there 82bhp as standard with 124 lbs torque. thats alot of torque? surley having a play you could get 130bhp and probably 160+ of torque? i wonder what a remap would do?? lol

GB123
Premium Member

18th Apr 13 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mechanical aren't they? So no ecu to map, just have to turn up the fuel and boost yourself.
beany113

18th Apr 13 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
Mechanical aren't they? So no ecu to map, just have to turn up the fuel and boost yourself.

thanks for that GB, tbh ive never owned or even thought about buying a diesel so i know nothing about them , ive heard about removing the white ring in the fuel pump to allow more fuel, and a few other simple mods, but nothing over 100bhp really, diesel engine are pretty strong and with the right cooling setup i think they could make a decent bhp figure! the torque has already impressed me! so many different ideas going through my head right now
taylorboosh

18th Apr 13 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id rather get warren to make me a 150 cdti c
beany113

18th Apr 13 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id rather stay with a corsa b tbh, i know if i got a C it would be a Z20let or LEH
taylorboosh

18th Apr 13 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not let a b then?
beany113

18th Apr 13 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just havent really got that sort of money tbh, i like the sound of it mate and ive thought about it many of times, i just thought a diesel might be different and abit of fun?
taylorboosh

18th Apr 13 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a cool euro derv on here, look through projects
beany113

18th Apr 13 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill try and find it, thanks for that buddy
anyone else able to help out on any performance tips??
tobyc20xe

18th Apr 13 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a 1.7 td corsa b on here a few years back running silly power,tolding about 24psi boost pritty sure there will be a few video's on youtube. Would make a good project i think .
beany113

18th Apr 13 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant find the euro derv really toby?? i dont spose you could try and link me to it? i know it would be cool, but id like to find out more before i start spending my pennies
tobyc20xe

18th Apr 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by beany113
i cant find the euro derv really toby?? i dont spose you could try and link me to it? i know it would be cool, but id like to find out more before i start spending my pennies

I can't seem to find ot bud. I would buy a good 1.7 D corsa b get a custom manifold,turbo,boost pipes ect made up and have to set up on a rolling road. Tbh i think you could do all this for about 1.5/2k
John

18th Apr 13 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really old car and really old engine, plenty of other cars you could get for the same sort of money that have a better engine in them as standard.
beany113

18th Apr 13 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tobyc20xe
quote:

I can't seem to find ot bud. I would buy a good 1.7 D corsa b get a custom manifold,turbo,boost pipes ect made up and have to set up on a rolling road. Tbh i think you could do all this for about 1.5/2k

this is what im thinking mate, i'd just like to do it for some fun, i dont wanna do it and be stuck with 100bhp, as i know thats not enough for me lol!
beany113

18th Apr 13 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Really old car and really old engine, plenty of other cars you could get for the same sort of money that have a better engine in them as standard.

understand what your saying mate and your right! its just anyone can go and spend a few quid on a car, id rather be able to sit in it and say 'i built it'
Ben G

18th Apr 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sit in a shitty old diesel and be proud? no thanks. as has already been said, probably cost the same for a 1.9 cdti 150 corsa c if you really wanted a converted corsa.
Ian W

18th Apr 13 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother had 1.7TD MK3 Astra, wasn't quick in the slightest !
beany113

18th Apr 13 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
sit in a shitty old diesel and be proud? no thanks. as has already been said, probably cost the same for a 1.9 cdti 150 corsa c if you really wanted a converted corsa.

why is it a shitty diesel? i know what your saying about getting a C, makes alot more sense, but i prefer the corsa b's. just thought it'd make a nice change rather than seeing something thats already been over done??
Ian W

18th Apr 13 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

why is it a shitty diesel? i know what your saying about getting a C, makes alot more sense, but i prefer the corsa b's. just thought it'd make a nice change rather than seeing something thats already been over done??

TBH mate, you can't overdo something that works really well hence the amount of XE's and LET Corsa's.

Being 'different' is normally just not as good as if it was we would all be doing it
beany113

18th Apr 13 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
My brother had 1.7TD MK3 Astra, wasn't quick in the slightest !

this is what im trying to find out buddy!! i dont want to spend money on a car thats just going to be pointless and dissapointing! would much rather keep the gsi tbh!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.7td corsa b's 22 database queries in 0.0141470 seconds