corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wheel wax

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wheel wax
Norcy91

User status: Offline
   25th Apr 13 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm getting a set of wheels refurbished next week for my Mini, I'm wanting to put a few coats of wax on them to try and protect the paintwork. I already have Collinite 476s that I used on my car, will this give them enough protection, or do they make specific wheel waxes/sealants for a reason?

What would you all recommend?
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Apr 13 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poorboy's Wheel Sealant seems pretty well regarded. It's what I use, but have never tried anything else so can't comment on comparisons!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Toby
Premium Member

25th Apr 13 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would just use it if your happy with it. People only dont tend to use it due to cost, brake dust, salt, grit etc will eat through it so using a wax like that. Using a wheel sealant will probably provide less protection (maybe even 50-40% less) but will provide better value for money as it probably will cost 60%-70% less
craig8
Premium Member

25th Apr 13 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tin of 476s is about £15 and lasts ages, give it a go

E36 328
Ben G

25th Apr 13 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use a pink one, it's either chemical guys or poorboys, which really brought out the sparkle on a set of silver wheels I had refurbished. I also put 2 coats on a set of white alloys which made cleaning them very simple.

[Edited on 25-04-2013 by Ben G]
ChrisBoom

25th Apr 13 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poorboys in the pink stuff, smells awesome. Seems to work well. I take my wheels off every few months and give them a couple coats.
evilrob
Premium Member

25th Apr 13 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

+1 for Poorboys Wheel Sealant if you don't mind topping it up on a regular basis - cheap, easy to apply (3 coats is best - do the first coat, do a second after about half an hour and another the next day), looks great. You'll get a month tops before it needs re-doing.

Try 22PLE VM1 Signature Rim and Metal if you want something that you can put on and not worry about again for a good year or so:
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/22ple-vm1-signature-rim-and-metal-coat-cat15.html
Phil W

26th Apr 13 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FK1000P is supposed to be good on wheels...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wheel wax 23 database queries in 0.0100329 seconds