corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe alternator tensioner problem ...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe alternator tensioner problem ...
csifku

User status: Offline
16th May 13 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So here it goes, i took of my air con out .. i took other mount to try it and i find out that it dont have alternator tensioner space to fit it ... i checked in google and find out .. but obv this mount i got .. was on engine and that engine had tensioner somewhere .. is anyone have idea where it is and should i find diff tensioner and fit it or just change the mount with the other one

THIS IS MINE

AND THIS IS THE OTHER ONE ...

csifku

16th May 13 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is from Z16XE engine ... it suppose to fit mine i guess, tensioner and alternator rbacket, how do u think boys ? i think yes cos the block should be the same yes ?

csifku

16th May 13 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u think this tensioner will do the job on right place as if i got the right mount for other tensioner above .. i already bought shorter drive alternator belt so is same long is it , wont be diff where tensioner is .. ?

ok this is Z16XE , Z16xe drive belt is 1460x2136 mm same as X16XE, the only question IS do u think if i use z16ze alternator braket-tensioner will touch my engine mount above ..

this is z16xe

[Edited on 16-05-2013 by csifku]

[Edited on 16-05-2013 by csifku]
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is where the tensioner is on my x16xe without aircon mate -

csifku

18th May 13 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank you for ur reply mate ) i find out that i got the right mount but have no place for tensioner so probably is from old engine but it fits anyway .. i got Alex W to deliever me engine mount on monday so all goin to be sorted thank you

New Poll