corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What would you do ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What would you do ?
Neo

User status: Offline
17th May 13 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I part ex'd my old car into a well known dealership last Saturday. Tonight a friend emailed me a link to an autotrader advert which is clearly my old car, a black 58 plate c2 vts hdi with black wheels on 110000k...all too coincidental to not be my old one.

Link in question - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201305176813036

Now the problem I have is that when I sold it, the service book had 3 stamps as I bought a service pack with the car and after the inclusive ones were used up I serviced it myself therefore no stamps. Furthermore I didn't tell them when I last serviced it so unsure of how they can claim it was on 107k.

Clearly either the garage selling it is dodgy or the company I traded it into is. With that in mind I'm concerned about the legitimacy of the full service history on my new car. What would you do ?
Tiger

17th May 13 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find out if its definitely your old car first.
Neo

17th May 13 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I should have also said the tax and mot date is correct too. But yes I will wait till an image is uploaded.

but...in the event it is, what is the best action to take ?
Russ

17th May 13 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3.5k? It was fucked

Naughty claiming 6 stamps.
Neo

17th May 13 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, although its not much more than I got for it but yeah it is naughty, false advertisement etc.
3CorsaMeal

17th May 13 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Book a test drive.
Neo

17th May 13 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ad is for a garage in guildford and I live in north Essex, although if anyone is close, reg of mine was wf58.uox
pow
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 22:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I'm at a loose end tomorrow I might journey down to said garage in the SLK with the roof down
AndyCorsaSport

17th May 13 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd phone the service history police quick!

In all seriousness, ignore it. Not your problem. Nothing to do with you. Happens day in day out. Stamps are easy to get hold of. You've no proof it only had 3 stamps only your word. Don't worry about it.
pow
Premium Member

17th May 13 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I wouldn't bother loosing any sleep over it. If you're worried about the new car then phone the garage that did the services. they'll have it on record if they did do it
davegreen
Premium Member

18th May 13 at 05:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as already said, service history doesn't mean a thing these days. anybody can stamp up the book.
only beliveable if its got all recipts of all work its had in its life. still can be made up even then though.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What would you do ? 22 database queries in 0.0106208 seconds